Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 56 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 72 reviews
on October 7, 2011
First off, if Amazon had a higher rating than five out of five, this book deserves that. I used this book in my AP Psychology class in high school. Every week, we read one to two studies and by the end of the year, we had finished them all. This was my first time taking a psychology course and I found this book to be amazing. The way the author presented the studies with the details was great. Each study is seven to eight pages and that was all that was necessary to get me hooked to this book. At the end of the year, when the teacher was collecting our books, I really wanted to keep mine, but I had to return it. So I went on Amazon and bought a used copy for a few bucks. This is a great book which has several studies that span the subject of general psychology. Highly recommended.
on August 30, 2015
Condition was not excellent, but it was not totally destroyed. It was readable for the most part, but I can't complain because I don't plan on keeping this book for long anyways. Corners are folded, pages are worn out, text is covered with markings, annotations, and highlight marks, but for an AP Psych student like me, those were beneficial on my part because it was interesting to see what other people thought of each study. The marks did not affect my ability to read, understand and complete my summer assignment. :D
on July 8, 2016
The book was in good condition and there was no writing on the page but I got so disguisted because all the pages were dirty with some type of mysterious dusty stain. It was so gross every time I held it and it was scary because I didn't know what substance had stained the book but I used it anyways. But hey, I still used it and I got a 5 on my AP Psychology Exam, so that's all that matters!
on April 27, 2016
Great book, however, I'm disappointed that it keeps getting "revised" and is now being sold for more than $50. Roger R. Hock has done psychology students a service writing this book, but ought to be ashamed of himself for participating in the text book racket.
on March 1, 2016
I found that Brain Bugs has been able to clarify some of the flaws of the human brain. Knowing some of these brain bugs or flaws can help me understand the reason for people having cognitive issues.
on March 6, 2014
I bought this book for my Psychology 101 class as a required text. I thought it would be really boring, but I actually find it very interesting. It covers some very important, ground-breaking studies and provides context, as well as discussion and follow-ups, of each study.
on August 11, 2015
My daughter needed this for school and it came quickly. She seemed to enjoy it for the assignment she was given. Not sure she would have read it if it wasn't assigned to her. But overall, it met our expectations.
on May 20, 2016
An insightful book that covers the cases that form the paradigm of psychology today. A must read for anyone interested in psychology.
on September 5, 2015
The book is exactly what it says on the cover, "Forty studies that changed psychology". It's a book that contains forty studies in psychology.
on February 17, 2013
I bought the wrong edition for my History of Psychology class but the studies were exactly the same for the most part. For the four (ish) that were different I just Googled the ones this edition didn't include. Very interesting read!