Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 23 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 25 reviews
on February 14, 2015
This is the required text for my Automotives Brakes class. I opted to rent the kindle version for my 8-week class. My instructor adores this textbook series by James D. Halderman. He uses the power point presentations in class. Some of the pictures are... inaccurate to the point of being either extra funny or downright dangerous from a safety standpoint but my instructor is careful to point these things out to us. We all assume this is because the artist isn't actually an automotive tech. The photos tend to be more accurate than the hand drawn illustrations, but the errors wouldn't be noticeable to a novice to the automotive field which is what makes them dangerous. The errors don't always get corrected with new editions either.
on March 20, 2017
Fast Delivery, Great Product
on April 17, 2017
Good book. Helped me pass ase brakes. Thank you Halderman.
on June 21, 2010
This review is going to be short. First I am a life time student of the trade. I am always trying to learn as much as I can to make myself a better tech.This edition of the Brake manual is excellent and informative. The illustrations are quite detailed and indepth with easier understanding of its subject matter. Excellent text and the layout of the manual walks you thru for a better understanding of this subject.Every chapter has ASE style questions which give you a good review of the content you have read.I like the book and rate it high for content and illustrations of the Automotive Brake Systems.
on May 25, 2014
A pricey book required for a college class The book is well written and has good drawings. Like I said, pricey though
on September 21, 2014
One of the best educational sources for Brake systems, this series of books provides an excellent introduction to the topic for students and laymen alike.
on January 30, 2016
Seller did an amazing job at the listing of this book and this edition is just like the 6th edition, which is what I hoped for.
on September 1, 2016
Very good price, much cheaper than the book stores
on December 14, 2015
Needed this book for a class and it teaches the subject in an easy understandable way.
on March 5, 2015
I found this book to be moderately helpful to me. If it wasn't a requirement for my automotive brake class I would have chosen a more detailed book.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse