Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 45 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 48 reviews
on August 19, 2013
Weather is a complicated and difficult subject to study, but this book makes it much easier to learn the basics. I've been studying Climate Change and one really can't grasp all the concepts without knowing about weather in general. Aguado's and Burt's textbook is thorough and covers Climate Change which is helpful to me.

If you are using this book to learn on your own, you can choose a topic that you're interested in and read about it, or start from the beginning. It's nice to know what they are talking about in depth on The Weather Channel for once.

I recommend this for anyone who is interested in weather who wants to learn more or for anyone interested in Climate Change.
on August 31, 2016
I have always had an interest in weather and climate so the idea to take a class at the local junior college fit perfectly. Since I graduated from that junior college in 1968, a lot of big changes have happened in the area of this science. The book gives a great background in weather with the accompanying videos, and I enjoy the class very much. I know I won't be a weather expert, but I do feel that I will have a much better understanding of the topic.
on April 7, 2017
ONE of the BEST Meteorology books on the planet!!!.....Every Storm spotter should own one!!!
on February 28, 2011
This book provides good explanation of the subject without making it too complicated. It also contains a code to access the book's website with videos and study material. So, if you need or want the code for school make sure to ask the seller if the code has been used or not.
on March 7, 2014
very nice book i use to further my storm spotting info to get better insight to the effects of weather and its systems and what effects global warming has on weather and storms and their prediction.
on December 10, 2012
This book was required for my Atmospheric Science class. It is very informative and great to refer to. This text includes interactive learning tools that enhance the learning experience and allow you to apply what you've learned. I believe there is a new edition to this book.
on September 29, 2016
Two of the glossary pages are unattached to the book and not sure why it's so big but it's actually a good read and has lots of helpful information. Using it for my geography weather and climate class.
on January 12, 2017
Had the book open, slowly turning the pages and 3 of them ripped in a row. Either the seller abused it or the quality of the book is poor. 7th edition
on April 5, 2014
This is a great book. It is well illustrated and easy to learn from. It is a college text book and I've seen enough of them to say this is one of the better ones I've read. It includes a CD which also aids in the learning. I am only on the first chapter but you can see the format. It is from 2001 but I'm learning from it. For the price it is a steal.
on January 31, 2017