Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 11 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 15 reviews
on May 19, 2015
Although it took 3 weeks to arrive, it came in good condition and was very helpful in passing my college course with an A. Great price as well
on June 10, 2013
I bought this book for one of my criminal justice classes, it met all of my expectations and came in a short amount of time. I was very surprised to learn the contents of this book. This is a great read:)
on February 8, 2011
Organized Crime is a really informative book, it offers a lot of information about various criminal organizations..not just Italian Maffia, but Russian, Irish, Jewish. The information is great becaus it is expanding my knowledge base of criminal organizations and their capabilities.
on May 9, 2012
got it on time and in great shape. I'm well pleased with this product. i got it cheaper on here in new condition than in old condition at my school! thats smart shopping
on September 20, 2014
Good book in good condition
on March 16, 2013
I was able to accomplish my goal of finishing my class and all of the material in the book was very accurate.
on March 29, 2010
The book arrived in a very fast manner, however there was some mild water damage on the top of the book and a nice size rip on the binding. Now what I expect from a "new" book.
I can truthfully say I did not enjoy this book in the least. The book does not go in depth into the various theories of why organized crime exists or what causes it, it is more of a generic historical overview of different Organized Crime groups with a little theory thrown in. It does not offer an unbiased view of criminal subjects, rather the authors have a decidedly conservative viewpoint on everything. This makes the overall positions very difficult to buy into, since most of the arguments assume the reader takes the same viewpoint, and does not seek to engage alternate viewpoints. Chapter Six is very telling of the authors bias, as evidenced in the comment "It is not unreasonable to assume that the number of people who become chronic, intensive users would increase substantially" when discussing legalizing drugs (p.197). Without any scientific evidence, a position is put forth that then dictates the rest of the section. Overall I would skip this book if possible (probably not if some teacher requires it), or better yet, convince your teacher to not use it by highlighting where the book falls short.
on January 19, 2014
I was very please with the condition that the text was in once I received it, as for a used book the condition was flawless. If and when it is needed I will reorder another book from this seller! I also would like to add the book delivered in the dates that it stated it would!
on March 6, 2011
Good value, priced to sell and served all of my needs. The package did get torn in shipping however the book was fine, keep up the good work on reasonable pricing, it is important that sellers remember that they are "used" textbooks!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse