Industrial Deals Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on October 31, 2014
The book was not as advertised. Although the format of the questions were the same as in the textbook, the numbers in the solutions manual matched for about 25% of the questions. For example the textbook would have; there are 0.639 grams in a solution and the manual would have 0.582 grams. It took a lot of time trying to covert the numbers to achieve the right answer.
In the end for the money I spent, it simply was not worth it.
2 helpful votes
on May 2, 2017
Solutions that help
on October 3, 2016
I bought the book as "good" but the paper back cover was torn and was being held up by only duck tape. However, the other than that, the pages were all in tact and there was barely any writing inside.
on April 18, 2015
Overall very good. There is no way to learn gen Chem unless you do problems. That being said there are some errors in this book. Overall 4.5 stars.
on February 5, 2011
This book is a great supplement to the textbook. I highly suggest getting it. It has its bad moments where the answer isn't quite clear, but even those get you through the problem.

EDIT:
I still stand by what I said before in terms of it being very helpful. However, as I started going through the chapters, I noticed that there were many typos. I believe that in two cases the typo resulted in the wrong answer in the book. I verified this with my professor and he confirmed. I must mention however, that their typo resulted in an algebraic mistake, but still paved the path as to how to solve the problem.
4 helpful votes
5 helpful votes
33 comments|Report abuse
on July 19, 2013
Due to the fact that it is a soft cover book, it can only be a certain degree of perfect, but this is definitely it. Great condition.
on October 15, 2013
what I expected. Contains all the answers to the accompanying text book. It has an easy layout and good explanations.
on July 24, 2013
It was reasonably priced and arrived promptly. It was in good condition and I have had no problems with it.
on November 26, 2012
This book is a good complement for students in college, you can undestand more easy Chemistry with book with solutions.
on September 9, 2014