Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 18 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 26 reviews
on October 11, 2014
I got this book for a Women in History class, and found the content to be fascinating. The focus is on women and what they experienced through American history from the 1600's to the present. Many of the articles are about ordinary women, their lives, their marriages, their restrictions, their struggles, but there are also many great articles about notable women and their achievements despite great odds. This book is a compilation of articles on a whole range of topics, and I can say I probably learned more from this particular book than just about any history book I've read. I was left with a whole new appreciation for what women have gone through in the last several hundred years. I'll add that this book does not have an angry feminist slant as some might expect (I expected this myself going into the class and the book). Rather, it just tells the history of what happened and "what was" in a way that was pretty devoid of any particular social position. You are left to draw your own conclusions about what you read. Of particular interest were articles about the witchcraft hysteria, Sally Hemings and Thomas Jefferson, and the practice of abortion in early America. The articles were beyond fascinating and I learned so much that I had had no idea about before. Well worth reading even if you aren't in a class.
on July 23, 2015
So far I have read a bunch of the articles. If you are a historian interested in this kind of research you may really really like this book, I am reading it for a class and I can take it or leave it because it's not my favorite field.

If you are just some regular non scholarly person off the street I doubt you will enjoy this book much.
on June 26, 2016
Bought for a few specific articles for class, but kept to read again and again.
A very interesting book with many different views of Women's History and many different influential voices.

Decent condition, good shipping time
on June 13, 2016
I ask everyone to purchase this book as it gave me a great insite on history and how to apply things even now. Awesome read and relaxing.
on May 31, 2016
I need this book for school but didn't want to spend a lot of money - I got just what I wanted!
on March 23, 2016
Book was in wonderful condition and was a very interesting read!
on May 1, 2015
Whovian luuuurv! Jk! Excellent delivery time and product is exactly as described! Thank you!
on September 19, 2011
This is awesome. I have a small budget for school books every semester and this was perfect. The price was something like 1.75$!! 2 bucks!!! The book is almost new and the only markings are highlighting of the subjects I am studying!!! Thank you amazon. I would definitely buy from them again!!
on November 3, 2015
Best deal around for such a large text.
on March 2, 2015
Bought for school and I really enjoy it.