Oil month Automotive Rebound Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

Visual Anatomy & Physiology
Format: Hardcover|Change

on January 17, 2018
The problem with buying used books online is that you never know the quality of the books you will receive.
I bought this for my college anatomy class and have really enjoyed using it (I prefer a physical book over the online versions).
This book was a great deal and I have no regrets.

My book did come with highlighter and pen markings on quite a few of the pages, the binding has gotten dirty, and some of the pages had fallen out when I got to them. The book is also extremely heavy, it is not something I carry around with me. It is a big book with a lot of pages.

I love the content in the book, the diagrams and the layout of the pages are phenomenal. The diagrams are easy to read and the sections of each chapter usually span about 2 pages. It's very easy to read.

I gave the book 3 stars because the condition is somewhat poor and there truly is no guarantee that you'll get a very nice book. If your teacher says that you need the book for the class, I'd recommend this option.
on May 29, 2017
Love this book! It was much more helpful than the book actually assigned to me in my A&P course.
on February 1, 2018
Even though I rented this book...its getting the job done.....and my professor is using the 3rd edition but this one is working for me.....thanks..
on June 9, 2012
This book is excellent for people who are literally dependent on learning visually. Personally I prefer an even mixture of both, but this is the book that my online A&P class is using. I have the regular Fundamentals of A&P which I prefer to this. Pictures are great, but I need a good explanation as well and the "Visual" version just doesn't provide that in my opinion.

Otherwise, the pictures and diagrams that are in the book are great and very to the point.
on June 18, 2016
Great quality book. Cover was in brand new condition.There was no writing or torn pages. Seller was true to their word, overall very pleased with this purchase.
on January 10, 2017
Not only is this book overly simplistic in a bad way, but the way it was printed makes the pages unbelievable shiny. I have to tilt the book in several directions just to finish reading a sentence.
on June 8, 2013
The worst part about this website is its online portion, which was required for the class I was taking. The online section is disjointed and hard to understand. There are lots of different parts to it and none of them interact with each other. It is very easy to get lost in the various screens required and multiple windows that open. The entire website is very busy and full of a lot of noise.

The book is only slightly better than the website. It doesn't feel like there is a lot of information in it, but what it does have does not flow very well at all. Again, the book is also disjointed and hard to follow. There are topics that seem like they should be together but they are chapters apart. The review questions ask you to answer in depth questions about a subject that was covered in only one or two sentences in the text. The book feels like a Cliff's notes version of physiology.

McGraw-Hill has some really nice online sections to their books and this is what I was expecting when I started this class. This book is nowhere near as good. If you are looking for a good anatomy/physiology book with a fully functional online component, check out Anatomy & Physiology: An Integrative Approach with Connect Plus. Connect Plus is awesome and very helpful.
on October 12, 2015
I've used this text book before and this book is great for Anatomy and Physiology.
on October 4, 2015
very useful for my biology class & lab, although this was the book requested for the class, i find answers to questions from my lab manual
on July 18, 2015
Not a mere atlas (as the title might suggest) but a compendium of colored and labeled illustrations with extensive descriptions. I wouldn’t recommend this book as a first text in anatomy and physiology, but I think it is an excellent supplemental or review text.