Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,596 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,727 reviews
on November 11, 2014
I purchased this book so my 10th grade son would not have to haul his Biology text back and forth from school. This does not appear to be a typical 10th grade Biology textbook; it seems more appropriate for an AP course, an opinion seconded by my college freshman son. It's very detailed, with fine illustrations and good explanations of all concepts. This is not the newest edition, but it is an excellent textbook, and was well worth the price to be certain the book is always at hand.
on August 31, 2017
Wish I ordered this one the first time. It was delivered when promised and was the correct edition. I ordered from someone else previously and was sent the wrong edition. I liked this particular version of the book as it is made for a 3 ring binder, making it easy to use only the chapters needed for class. Beats carrying a massive book to class and makes it easier to find the content needed, because your flipping through fewer pages. I totally recommend this version of the book.
on August 15, 2016
The price was unbeatable to my school's $50 e-book fee and I get to take it around with me and highlight pages with ease–ha! I love having physical copies of textbooks personally and I have used the e-book version of this textbook. I found it difficult to get to certain chapters and overall not friendly if you wanted to go back multiple chapters for review. The part that didn't make this a five star rating was that some of the pages came already torn. Yes I know pages can rip very easily (especially in textbooks) but I'm gentle on my books and have opened to pages that were ALREADY ripped/not glued in properly in the first place. Frustrating. I'm holding together those pages with tape, fingers crossed hoping nothing falls out
on June 20, 2014
I started with this book from zero knowledge about biology, after 5 months of studying primary from this book i made successfully entrance exams on 3/3 colleges (general nurse / paramedic). Gonna try it on general medicine next year after i study up physics and chemistry as i missed it on high school. Sadly I never learn it as easily as biology from this lovling. I have experience with translated 2002 release. Because of its quality i bought it in original and actual. New features in same categories seems even easier to learn. Sorry for my english, I greet you from Czech republic.
55 comments| 46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 10, 2015
Loved the price to rent this textbook for my biology class. It is the same thing and same diagrams as the 10th Edition (compared side by side with another student) the pages are just slightly off by one or two, not bad at all. Do not waste your money on the 10th Edition when the 9th is a lot cheaper to rent and is practically the same thing.
on August 15, 2015
Same problem as everyone else who rented the book, no access code! Now to waste more time and money reordering!
on March 20, 2017
Worked for the class
on June 2, 2017
Needed the book for a lecture course. It's a great book for the class, but honestly didn't use it much. Save yourself from your school bookstore and just rent it here. It's cheaper and won't break the bank for your textbooks.
on April 4, 2017
Renting is so much better than buying a book you wont be reading again.
on February 5, 2015
The Book came packaged well. I'm told this is the best biology 210 book around. Shipping was fast and guaranteed. I bought the book New, so my access key works great and us good till 2017. The book was $40 cheaper then my campus book store so I'm definitely happy.