Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 116 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 126 reviews
on June 21, 2016
I loathe algebra and am terrible at it but this book really held my hand and showed me sensible approaches and I was able to pass a really massive test thanks to it. Each chapter covers one type of algebra problem, and is broken down into sub-chapters; each sub-chapter tackles on aspect of the equation, and ramps slowly up in difficulty. There are checkpoint questions to make sure you're following along with each tiny step of algebra evolution, and the back of the book has answers (although doesn't show the work).

The author helps give the topic real-world applicability by starting each chapter with a real-life situation that involves algebra to solve the problem, then at the end of the chapter, provides the equation and asks us to solve the problem. I think that was a nice touch to help make sense of how we might use algebra in our lives.

I definitely see why this author is so popular for mastering this topic. I highly recommend it for anything who finds algebra as elusive and frustrating as I do.
on August 12, 2015
There is a lot of information printed onto these thin pages... So, if you've never actually read a math book before this will def. be the book that opens that door! The actual book is not bad and I find myself learning a lot, but the rented condition of the book was complete trash. They should just sell it as a poor condition book and offer it for the price of renting it that's how bad a shape the book is in. Oh well.
on May 28, 2013
I bought this book for self teaching purposes. Since college is a bit too expensive for me and I don't want to take any classes that I dont need (I intend on finishing the book cover to cover and taking a placement test to place past requirements.That way I have less math classes to take). This book is very well detailed and I find it easy enoupgh to follow without needing a teacher to show me. I reccommend this for anyone self teaching.
on August 4, 2015
Returned.
Purchased a new textbook, it arrived without the plastic wrap and MyMath Lab code has been removed. Defeats the purpose of purchasing a new expensive textbook.
on February 8, 2017
If you rent this book it is important to understand that the "fine print" comment that the access code may not be included is an absolute. You will end up paying for the access code later, after it is too late to return. Buyer beware!
on June 22, 2013
Have found that Amazon has the best price on text books, new or used, far lower than the local College book store. They arrive with in the week and are in good shape. Returning them is easy too with the reminders from Amazon at end of semester and on line return labels, just try and remember to keep the box they came in.

One caution though, it you are needing a study guide or on line materials that come with new books and have an access codes to use those materials, be advised that once the access code is used once (with the new text book) it can not be used again with the then used text book. Amazon was not real clear on this when we started ordering used text books, best to also order and pay for a new user guide & access code if you will need it with the used text book. Need also to consider ordering new text book with usable access code depending on what may be least expensive.
on January 19, 2017
This was a LIFESAVER for me in two of my college algebra classes! I finally understood what I was doing by reading the steps.
on May 12, 2017
Learned a good amount, very well written.
on September 11, 2016
For starters the book has arrived on time and in great shape as well. Since i needed this for college it served me very well giving easy to read detailed descriptions of the material.
on July 13, 2017