Truck Reviews HPC Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on May 7, 2012
I ended up buying this book twice. The first time I bought it used from an Amazon reseller, but it did not have the StatLab access code. To buy just the access code is around $80, the used book was around $80. THe new book with the access code was $139. Most college books for online classes require access to a online resource, which is usually a one time code. Most resellers say they have the code (they probably don't), or they have it, but is has been used and is no longer valid. Save yourself the trouble, buy new from Amazon. It is still cheaper than the campus bookstore, or having to buy a stand alone access code. Good luck.
44 people found this helpful
|33 comments|Report abuse
on September 9, 2013
I got the hardcover book and it comes with the MyStatLab Access Code. I was a bit confused because somebody wrote the access code would just come with the loose leaf edition, this is not true. Relieved! It also comes with the CD (in back of the book) and answers to odd numbers. Arrived right on time for fall quarter!
Edit: I used the code and it works great!
5 people found this helpful
on December 6, 2015
Needed this for my Statistics class; brought it new with the access code. Works like any other text book but if you need the access code BUY IT NEW. It is not worth anything after the class, you can probably find someone to buy it for a few bucks. So if you need it for class go for it, if you want to self study this book is kind of hard to understand on your own. I donated mine to goodwill after I was done.
on December 2, 2012
i ordered the hard copy after the class was half through, ended up dropping it and will re-take it this summer. having the e book is awesome so i will have both. the e book lets you work through concepts as it teaches them to you and tutors you along until you get that concept down before you go any further which is great. i just got to far behind and had a full schedule - not the books fault.
on February 1, 2016
Arrived quickly and nice quality. Can't say I love anything involving stats but this item arrived as pictured.
on February 26, 2014
This was the 1st time I used this version as opposed to hard back book. This was so much easier. I could pull the chapters at hand and leave the rest at home. Oh how simple life and schooling can be.........
on March 13, 2014
I needed the online access code for the class I was taking, so I bought the loose leaf edition new to try and save a few bucks. Book showed up and everything looked good until I actually tried to use the code. When I enter it online it says incorrect code. It was in a sealed package so its not like anyone has already used the code. I will be calling Pearson later tonight. Very disappointed, will probably have to buy the code again for nearly another $100.
on September 15, 2013
Thnx Amazon this book came in one day late but that's ok cuz I still got it in time brand new like they said n it had the mymathLab code which was amazing.my class is going great n the book is definitely very helpful.most of the online assignments r all are all directly from the book.thnx to the previews reviews cuz I read them and decided to get the book.even though some of the reviews scared me as they said the code didn't work.but thank God mine works and am really happy w my purchase.just had to give this review hope it will help someone out there who needs it too.
on November 3, 2014
I purchased this. Healer on amazon than at the college library. Excellent book! Gives great detail! If you area visual learner this book helps a lot
on January 4, 2013
DO NOT RENT THIS BOOK IF YOU NEED THE ACCESS CODE!
The description of the item, "Elementary Statistics: Picturing the World plus MyMathLab/MyStatLab Student Access Code Card (5th Edition)" states the access card is included. THIS IS NOT SO! Customer service for Amazon states when you rent, it may or may not have the access code. This is fraudulent advertising! Amazon will not stand behind what they advertised and the only thing they will do is refund the rental.
14 people found this helpful