Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Shop Popular Services masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 334 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 372 reviews
on February 11, 2015
This is one of the best texts I have ever used. If you are interested in teaching yourself some chemistry this would not be a bad way to go. Explained in an easy to understand method. Lots of examples and illustrations. The subject maters are kept fairly small in order to really promote understanding and allowing you to slowly build your knowledge one piece at a time. Also, the practices at the end of each section will really help you solidify what you have been reading. Great book.
on January 21, 2016
This book was required for my Chemistry course and my professor told us specifically to get the 12th edition...............which costs over $200. I found the Global Edition for roughly the same price as it was to rent the American edition. Some of the questions are different. So, if your professor gives assignments from the book (mine doesn't), just take a picture of that page in the American version. The text is the same, word for word. The page numbers are about 32 pages off because Roman numerals are not used for the table of contents, introduction, and preface in the global version.
Very interesting book, has detailed explanations. Well written.
on June 22, 2015
Rented this book and it arrived in perfect conditions (brand new like). What I liked about this book is that its easy to read, homework questions are easy to find and what I love is that the answers were at the end of every chapter I like how they have it organized rather than flipping through the end of the book for the answers, not that I always look at the answers professor gave us even numbers so it was impossible to get the answers from the book, but either way I like how this book is organized.
on January 29, 2016
PLEASE NOTE BEFORE YOU RENT: the company that you are about to rent from does not guarantee that there will be a code in this book despite the fact that they are selling the book WITH the code. This is false advertisement. sure they say they don't guarantee the code, but that's like me saying I'm selling you a salad with lettuce and then saying, lettuce is not guaranteed. IT'S WHY WE BOUGHT THIS ONE! Please fix this before you get a law suit because if you keep going at this rate, it's coming!
on October 30, 2016
The same as in 12th edition, Very clean like NEW
Only difference is that in 12th edition, the chapter 6 is the chapter 4 of this book so that's what you will be seeing so always try to go with the title of discussion when in class.

The same exercises, notes, everything.

THANK YOU SO MUCH Sold by: Atlanta Book Company
on December 6, 2015
I would give less than a star if I could for this absolutely horrible textbook. It is riddled with insufficient examples and vague explanations. The software homework section only shows the answers to the problems and never breaks down the problem in step by step form. This was nothing short of a frustrating mess of an attempt to teach chemistry and left me continually seeking help from other sources.
on June 25, 2015
This was supposed to come with a Mastering Chemistry access code, as the title includes. Mine however, did not. If I knew that I wasn't going to get one with it anyways I would've went with the other option that was almost 30 dollars cheaper which didn't come with one. Instead I payed for one, didn't get it, and had to buy another.
on May 20, 2016
This is not a comment to the use of the book but rather the service that I received.
It is important to know that the kindle book does not come with an access code and I desperately need one for my Chem 100 class. I ended up finding a bundle for $135 on MasteringChemistry.com
However, since I had opened the kindle edition already in search of an access code, I could not return it.
So I sent an e-mail explaining the situation and within 15 MINUTES I had a reply stating that I would receive a refund and that the book would be removed from my kindle library.
I cannot even begin to express how happy I am with the service that I've received!
on October 7, 2016
Awesome Book!!! First chapter starts with math.... the book is put together beautifully. Tons of modern day pictures and very interesting health knowledge. I had zero chemistry knowledge. And now... I'm well on my way.
on December 30, 2016
great deal! I read, highlighted, and wrote on this book more than on any other textbook I ever had. It was in great conditions when I got it (now it looks like a kindergarten book) and I would only recommend you to buy it if your professor is using the same version or the next one because it is the same thing except for the cover and pages numbers.