Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 141 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 146 reviews
on February 4, 2012
Last year the USDA updated the food groups again. If you purchase the book new you will get an insert with the updated "myplate" info. The used book does not contain the updated information so I'm having to go online to get the information I need for class. It is worth the savings to buy it used and go online for the myplate stuff I need for class.
on September 19, 2013
I had to buy it for class. The book goes along with all the obsolete dogmas of nutrition 'science', in service to the food industry. Too bad if it's your textbook, you won't learn anything useful from it, in fact it would be dangerous to your health, if you believed it.
All the 'extras' on the Pearson site are just as useless.

The most annoying thing, though, is that Pearson does NOT honor the codes you buy through Amazon, and actually goes as far as to accuse Amazon of fraudulently selling previously used codes. Amazon should sue them. However, you are caught in the middle and would lose your money, if it weren't for Amazon's stellar return policy.

One star for the book and code (would be 0 if I could), 5 stars as usual for Amazon.
on February 5, 2014
I typically try to be cordial on reviews. When I see phrases in all caps, I imagine some delirious person who more than likely did not read the instructions. Well, I must admit, I read the directions and took a calculated risk. It did not work in my favor, however. I have purchased books on Amazon for 5 semesters now. I have yet to have any issue with it, until this book. I will say that once again, Amazon gets 5 stars for their customer service and attempting to help me, but this product is not worth the purchase.

The single most important thing in text books today: the online access code. Without this, many text books are no better than weights in your already strained backpack. I purchased this because so many people said it worked for them while only a couple it did not. I, again, took a chance hoping this would work out for me. However, the code did not work. Amazon sent me another book/code, but honestly, I simply sent it back because it was in the same exact packaging. The ISBN on the shrink wrap of the book is different than the ISBN of the book itself. Utilizing the campus bookstore online, I double checked that, in fact, I ordered the correct ISBN, but for what ever reason, (neither Pearson or Amazon could explain) the access code did not work. I presume it has something to do with the ISBN's being different. Why it would work for some and not others is a mystery.

I ended up spending another $42 for the online access and $16 for the MyDietAnalysis access. If I say anything in caps, it is this: RENT OR BUY THIS BOOK USED. Then pay for whatever online access your professor requires. I fortunately had money in the bank to just say screw it and make the purchase, but if you're a starving college student, do not buy it new. Avoid the headaches, the phone calls, the frustration at the beginning of an already stressful week to your semester, and heed these words.

That being said, I can't wait to learn more about this subject, however, now that I'm all stressed out, I realized I just burned through a whole bag of tortilla chips....
on December 18, 2015
Good but could use some updated information. There is not really a section about different diets, such as gluten free, paleo, soy free, etc. and a lot of people with allergies or different diet preferences could use information about how to adjust to their new diets and maintain nutrition. Some of the information in this book is outdated but it is otherwise a great nutrition textbook and is mostly accurate.
on June 29, 2013
I bought this book for a self-paced class I am taking. I did learn some stuff that I am actually trying to apply in my life. It really got me thinking about my health and necessary lifestyle changes. It is extremely easy to read, perhaps too easy at times. It repeats the salient points a lot but in the end it just helped to hammer the info into my head. I rather enjoyed reading it. It was a great overview of nutrition. I would recommend it as a good read even if you're not taking a nutrition class.
on December 14, 2016
The book is so poorly organized. I would be in the middle of reading an in depth section of materiel, and on the next page, the text will jump to different subject or case study Also, the book was missing a REALLY important chart needed to complete the course (DRI chart) I spent 30 mins looking through the book to find the chart needed for my assignment before realizing the pages had been torn out. Luckily I was able to find a printable version online.
on January 22, 2015
If you need this for your college book don't order it from this seller. It was supposed to come with a disc and code for the homework and didn't come with it. I'm very upset with this purchase and it was a huge waste of money in my opinion..not to mention a waste of time. I have to go now and get the disc/code from the bookstore and spend another $20 so I may as well have just bought the book there to begin with.
on August 23, 2017
Needed this for college and was so much fun! Learned a lot about nutrition, great textbook
on March 29, 2016
Does the job
on June 18, 2017
I like the fact that you can separate the book for each module of the class. Just eishbthe pages were a little thicker so they don't rip.