Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Limited time offer Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts Book House Cleaning siliconvalley siliconvalley siliconvalley  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 37 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 45 reviews
on December 15, 2012
There are a lot of great post processing software out there nowadays, onOne being one of them, which leave Photoshop for the pros. I am an active amateur though and dreaded post work until this new breed of consumer friendly tool came to play. The big problem I found are all the instructions are online. There's nothing like reading a book when learning how to use them and this one is done in laymens terms. Real nice. Thank you Nicole S. Young
on February 1, 2013
I am one of those strange people who do not find it easy to learn off a video screen so my pet hate are Software creators who put their software into the market without documentation. Yes, some do produce videos but inevitably they skim the surface. OnOne has been around for a number of years but I have never felt able to give the time to try it out to the fullest extent so that I can adequately exploit it.

To now find a book covering the use of the software is marvelous and already I realise how much more creatively I can use the software.
We all owe Nicole Young a vote of thanks for taking the time to explore the software so thoroughly.

I do not read a software manual from A to Z but rather dip into it to learn how to carry out a specific procedure. So far I have found it hard to use this book in this manner and is the reason I have not awarded 5 stars. Nicole's language and mine are not the same at this juncture and mean I will have to put more energy into understanding the processes she describes. But I am glad to have it in my library.
on December 24, 2012
OnOne is a great product bat lacks a manual and relies on online education or seminars for training, so while you are working in the software you don't have something in your hands to reference. This book resolves not having a manual with the software and is clear and easy to use.
on August 9, 2013
This book is generally well written, including detailed steps for the most important processes, and explanations of things that are easily overlooked (how to handle multilayer files in certain ways, etc). The photographic examples the author provides are varied and generally interesting to look at / interesting case studies for the software. Compared to the companion book about the Nik plugins, this one has more depth and is a better value. But both are more useful than the documentation the developer provides.

The company that published this (Peachpit) also has some very good feature articles for many of these plugins (from other authors using different examples, and which cover other Photoshop features as well); most are worth checking into or sharing on social media.

Last but not least, as of August of 2013, onOne has released some nice "interim upgrades" for version 7 of this suite, so if you don't have version 7.5 yet you'll want to go and download the updates. No additional purchase is required (or at least it was a free download when I did it).
on January 5, 2013
This is the best book of this type I have ever read. The writing is excellent, straight forward, easy to understand, while still having the detail needed to accomplish what you want to do. I bought this book because I really love the onOne software but was having trouble getting the controls to work the way I wanted. I have read several 'program' books with mixed results but figured any help would be better than none. The book totally exceeded my expectations. This book does not get bogged down in the technical but gives straight forward steps on how to accomplish tasks. Nicole not only tells how a tool works, but gives reasons why and when you might want to use it. An added bonus is the step by step directions for a task with slider settings. The steps are easy to follow and easily made to work for your own photo.
on April 16, 2013
So excited to have a reference to this incredible software for Photographers! Love the way she breaks down the basics and how to combine effects to enhance the photo. You still can't make a great photo out of a crappy shot, but you can definitely enhance it to it's potential!
on September 8, 2013
A great book! Broad range. It covers just about all the processes I would ever use. Easy to follow instructions.
on August 30, 2015
I'm sure this book was great 3 yrs ago, but with all the new upgrades it is totally outdated!!
on July 6, 2013
onOne Software is known for its terrific products, terrific customer service and terrific webinars. They are always notching up the quality, the features and the ease of use for its Photoshop, Lightroom and Aperture filters and the customer service is superb. Anyway, this book is very handy and makes it so much easier to follow through with the various modules in the latest version. I would have given it SIX STARS if they had included actual exemplar images for me to work on and to try to duplicate. I'm a fan.
on November 23, 2013
Young will really open up the true power of onOne apps. and how they can add to your post-processing of images. This book will decrease the time that it take to really learn how to incorporate onOne into your post=processing. This is one of about 4 books that are always on my desk during post-process. The book will open up your creativity in using onOne to finished your images.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse