BCA Month Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on April 4, 2017
Once again I am having trouble getting the correct number of stars for the book. There should be five stars on the top of the page. Twenty years of kidnapping young boys to brainwash them into a gang.
on July 11, 2013
I'm into this series and love the characters that Ms Herron has developed. Good suspense and definitely a lesson for ALL parents of kids when they go to various places like fairs, rodeos and carnivals even in small towns. It is heartbreaking that monsters like the one in Ultimate Cowboy and Native Cowboy exist. Julie was a strong character and believeable as a Special Agent of the FBI (TBI doesn't exist). Criminal investigations are handled by the Texas Rangers a division of the Dept of Public Safety in Texas. The Rangers are respected on the level of FBI, Scotland Yard, Interpol and Canadian Mounted Police. They handle all state criminal investigations, hostage situations and special operations. However I loved the book as a whole and the series the way Ms Herron combined the suspense and romance.

diamondgirl
on December 5, 2016
The romance was 'meh', pretty bland and of no account, but - if you want a crime story that gives some depth to surrounding characters and is quick-paced and engaging, this is an easy read that's worth the price.
on March 27, 2016
Good Read,but what else would you expect from Rita Herron.A thriller that won't quit,one suspenseful moment after another,with no holds barred.
on March 3, 2013
This book made me sad happy and angry. It truly makes a person wonder why people hurt little kid's and how they sleep at night. I loved the book. Rita Herron is one of my favorite writers I have never been disappointed in any of her books. I look forward to her next one. Keep up the great work.
on July 11, 2014
Good
on May 20, 2013
Pros:
I must be one of those rare romance readers who doesn't want a book to be solely focused on the couple. This book is like that. (more focus though than the last book I'd read in this category).
It has a strong female lead with a warm heart.
The female lead is modern.
She has a real job.
She actually does some action without thinking it through like most female heroines in romance novels and not just to save herself or the hero.
Hero has faults and he's acknowledged them. *

Cons:
I haven't finished the book but its kind of boring me. Maybe its because it keeps repeating things without giving it even a slightly new spin on it. Its fine in real life but the reader had just read that same sentence two pages ago.
typical cop scene: Coffee and Doughnuts
Hero wants to protect female- which is fine, but he also wants her to quit her job
*the faults aren't just 7 years ago, they came back up several times when he's older and wiser and since he's supposed to be a counselor of sorts I was a bit disappointed in his reactions at times.
She seemed unlikely to accept another opinion during briefing and kind of ignored the others.
Captain is sitting with them in almost every scene.
other police officers seem inept at their jobs.
(spoiler-little-bit-here) when Brody decided to tag along to talk down his brother, he really shouldn't have been paired up with Julie. Julie knew the kid too so the ones without ties should have been with him and if she needed backup, which she should have anyway despite gender, it should have been her PARTNER.
during the interview with the kid, she was too soft and the other guy was too hotheaded without saying anything smart. He could be rough but the lady that wrote this should have watched Blue Bloods or NCIS for tough interrogation techniques. The cop should never tell the perp that they don't have to talk.
Uncle frightened off because of a gun. Aunt all chipper five minutes after life being sucked out of her for years? I don't think so. Abused women don't respond like that and neither do the abusers. At least there was more sensibility with the kid later.
It seems like its quickly going from a strong female to strong man taking over the scene.

overall:
some things seemed fine and well throughout and well written but other things bothered me like above. I'm sure there are other things too that I've forgotten or haven't gotten to yet as I put it down. (I usually read books straight through and this wasn't doing it for me). I started reading it because I like seeing the lady be the cop for a change. That's pretty much it. I was glad to see that there was an actual story that is plausible but there are finer details that I didn't like. She's a cop/agent for crying out loud, there were times it seemed like she didn't act like it and it wasn't because of her feelings for the guy, it just seemed odd and unbelievable. Though the author hadn't at this point overstepped her hand by having the character take down the bad guy with her pinky or something like that. Thank god. I just hope this doesn't end up with hero saving the day.... gross.
on June 19, 2013
All parents should read this book. To say that this is well written is most definitely short sighted, it is my opinion to be a thought provoking novel that could make all of us to look at our loved ones a little bit differently.
on October 11, 2013
Another great book in the series at the Bucking Bronc Lodge. All the books in this series are great reading. If you love romance with a touch of western you want to read this series.
on August 5, 2013
A cowboy with a heart and a mission. Great story line with just the right amount of romance and hesitation in the character's part to avoid the ultimate conclusion. Well done!