Lyft Industrial Deals HPC Enlightenment Now Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18SW_gno

on November 30, 2015
If you haven't yet introduced your child or yourself to the Magic Tree House series, you should right now! These books are such a fun read for kids and adults to enjoy together. My 7 year-old enjoys hearing a chapter or two before bed each night from these stories.

The series follows the adventures of a sister and brother who are able to travel through time and space with the magic from the tree house. They go on missions to help "Merlin" and meet many characters along the way. In each story, a new time and/or place is introduced. The reader is able to learn about new lands and experience a magical world in context that anyone can understand.

It is not necessary to begin with the first book, although as the series goes on, many of the stories reference past volumes in them.
on August 18, 2012
I purchased this ebook at my daughter's request, so this review is a combination of hers and mine. My 10-year-old daughter loves the Magic Tree House series, so that's a plus. It was a quick read for me and I read it in one sitting. The concept was good, the characters were interesting, and it's easy to see what draws young readers to these stories. The artwork was very well done and there were many illustrations throughout the book. That's always a plus, too, for the intended audience. My big issue with the book, however, is the sheer volume of fragmented sentences. I can see using them occasionally for dramatic effect, but when they're this numerous, it's just plain, sloppy writing. For this reason, I was surprised that so many educators praise the series so highly. I want my daughter to be reading material that will help her improve her reading and writing skills rather than impede them. With a little bit of editing for grammar and a couple of spelling errors, this book could potentially earn another star from me; but as it stands, "Dinosaurs Before Dark" earns a 3-star "it's okay" rating.
on June 8, 2016
My 7-year-old granddaughter reads at about a 3rd grade level. She loved this book. She looks forward to reading more about Jack & Annie's adventures. She did struggle to pronounce the dinosaur species names, but she is only 7. I'll definitely encourage her to stick with this series.
on November 30, 2015
This whole series is fantastic! I love the characters and their little adventures. My six year old can't quite handle the chapter books, so we read them to him at bedtime and one chapter is a perfect 10 minute bit with a little teaser for the next chapter every time. He loves it! They're both fun and educational without being boring or ridiculous!
on May 24, 2017
My son started reading this series at school, he was so interested i've kept buying the next book and he loves reading them. Great book series!
on February 4, 2017
This series of chapter books are excellent for the learning to read reader. The series was highly recommended by a friend and we are very pleased with the quality and variety within this series. Something for every reader.
Gift
on April 9, 2017
Great transition to chapter books! My four and a half year old really likes this book, so I will be ordering more. I like how there are still some pictures too.
on May 5, 2017
My 7 yr old son has just finished the first one. He was just getting the hang of sounding out multiple syllable words and once he was done I believe he is already a much more confident and enthusiastic reader...he said, "You remember how you asked me about seeing the story in my head? I can see it! Is there a second one?!" I'm thrilled!!
on July 23, 2012
I purchased this book to read to my 4 and 2 year olds, and they enjoyed it so much we have gone on to read the next 2 books in the series. It's a story about a brother and sister (just like my two, just older) and how a Magic Tree House transports them to the time of the dinosaurs because of the book they were looking at. I know that when they are old enough to read on their own they will enjoy reading it again. It's fun for a read out loud book for little ones and simple enough for beginner readers to handle the content on their own.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse