Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: What Was True: The Photographs and Notebooks of William Gedney
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Water Sports STEM

on March 1, 2011
I picked up this book a few years ago in a used bookstore in Brooklyn. Since then it has become one of my most treasured and valued books on the subject of photography.*
The images themselves are rare examples of a great photographer's mind at work, all the necessary elements are there; composition, timing and most importantly content.
I often bring this book out of the bookshelf and keep it close to my desk for a few weeks, reading passages and viewing images over the course of a few weeks. I never fail to be impressed and a little inspired.
* While my library is not that terribly extensive it is however a little selective.
on June 4, 2015
Back in 2002, I some how accidentally stumbled upon Gedney's collection which was hosted by Duke University. Lost in hours of viewing, I found myself drawn to his work. Gedney's ability to capture that moment in time of people that is unrehearsed or poised. That vulnerable moment. Digging more, I discovered this book and purchased it. The examples of his work alone are inspirational for any photographer to become a better photographer. Here is the link to Duke's Collection....not sure if Amazon will permit it. If not, just Google "William Gedney Duke Univeristy" and it will come up. http://library.duke.edu/digitalcollections/gedney/
on February 10, 2013
What a fantastic photographer -- if only he had lived.
His work was compartmentalized into various locations, and it must have been impossible to show enough of each segment within the pages of a small book.
He needs a VIDEO of his work.