Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-6 of 6 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 11 reviews
on April 26, 2014
Picked this up for a class, it's informative for a textbook. I do not general like textbooks, but this is a decent overview of California. My biggest pet-peeve with textbooks in general and this one in particular is the lack of footnotes. It drives me crazy when a book will quote someone like John Frémont during the Bear Flag Revolt and not give a source to back it up. A textbook is not the be-all-end-all source. It's a secondary source that should give the reader the ability to find an original source of any given topic.
on March 28, 2015
This is a very good textbook in regards to the history of California. I never knew how bad things were for Native Americans in California until I got to this book for a class.
on December 4, 2016
Excellent Item and Shipping!
on March 6, 2015
Many interesting chapters of detailed stories. The back stories of the stories you think you know.
on March 9, 2011
I thought that a book on California history would be so boring but this book was interesting. Because of it, I now would like to teach 4th grade because they study California's history. Thank you.
on June 23, 2014
The content is fine. However, the book contained too many highlighted sentences. This is the first time that I have bought a used book that did not meet my expectations.