Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning americangods americangods americangods  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 18 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 37 reviews
on December 31, 2011
I just bought this for a friend, not as a management book, but as a parenting book. A new mother wants to know how to approach the child in terms of helping her become her own person and find fulfillment, so I recalled this book and gave it to her. It stuck with me after many years, and its simple premise (captured in the title) shaped the way my wife and I parented our kids.

Some times we are tempted as managers or as parents to "fix" people in ways that would make them more like ourselves or our ideals that we fail to live up to. In either case, that is misguided and wrong. I went to grad school with a Japanese fellow whose company sent him to the U.S. to "round him out" and build up his weaknesses. Wrong again.

I think this book gives us permission to do what ultimately makes the most sense: help others to find their joy. Certainly, there are weaker sides that must be bolstered enough to avoid failure in life, but only that much and no more. The best thing a person can do for another is to help him or her to find a way to thrive doing what they do best.

Artists have their muses. The rest of us need each other to give us permission to find out who we really are and to figure out how to become that person.
on December 18, 2012
This book will cause you to change the way you approach personal development. By concentrating on someone's strengths and managing their weaknesses you build self esteem. As their confidence increases, their strengths become so acute that their weaknesses managed properly seem trivial. I highly recommend it.
on August 31, 2014
This little book has a lot of information packed into it. I use it quite often in coaching others in how to use their natural talents to turn them into strengths. I would recommend this book to anyone looking for very basic information on the Strengths assessment came about and information of "how to use" their strengths every day.
on March 28, 2016
Order this book on the suggestion of Pastor Kevin Gerald, also the author of good things. I really enjoyed the part of discovering your passion and strength. Went back took notes, and doing evaluation of what are you doing and what I do not enjoy doing, what comes easy and what does not.
on March 12, 2013
This book is simply one of the best course of action books I have ever read. I did the practice and enjoyed the success of applying my passion and goals in areas where I am good both naturally and practiced areas and I enjoyed lots of success.
Now I am applying those same ideas to my life now after the success faded, what do I do now in my 50's...
on August 12, 2016
Excellent Book! Great read. Also recommend the purchase Humble Inquiry and Strengths Finder to compliment the book.
on July 6, 2015
Outstanding Book! Everyone should Read & Apply this to their Lives & their Families! Of course the politicians in government does just the opposite which is why America has so many problems!
on October 26, 2014
Most people seem to confuse skills with strengths. This book will clear up this misunderstanding.
Everyone can profit from the information in this book - regardless of age, and the younger the better.
on October 14, 2015
Have loved this one for years. Got this one for a friend who did me a favor. He's going to love it.
on January 23, 2015
I had to read this book for a class. It was one of the best motivational books I've read. I will definitely be rereading again and again as a reminder.