Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning ballerss3 ballerss3,
image-map-link=rect  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 26 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 30 reviews
on April 1, 2013
I ordered this book for a master's accounting class I was taking and it was very clear adn helpful in allowing me to understand just how government's record their accounting from a journal entry standpoint as well as operational view too. Very easy to read, understand, and pickup.
on December 16, 2012
I purchased this book because I just started a new job with a local county. Governmental accounting is very different from public accounting and I needed the additional information. It is a text book and does what text books do; teach you.
on March 1, 2015
I had to get this book for an online LSU class. I have taken an online class before and did well. This book is hard to follow. Some things I have found are the following:
1. It will ask you questions that were not addressed in the reading or examples. This one ticks me off the most. If a question is presented then it should be covered somewhere in the reading. I am not saying that all questions require examples to be present but at least address a question if asked.
2. It is very wordy, it is full of fluff, to the point where it is easy to get lost in the reading because you have no idea what the book is actually trying to cover.
3. Governmental accounting is a complex subject, so instead of carefully explaining and placing examples, the book will sometimes have examples that go on for pages trying to explain numerous issues. Comprehensive examples are fine at the end of chapters but when someone is trying to get the basics, there is no need to have a huge multistage comprehensive example that has to be deciphered every time you look at it.
4. The book does not do a good job of dividing the material. In one section, scratch that, in one paragraph it will try to cover so many different points that I have to read paragraphs four and five times to pick out the parts that relate to each subject.
on September 14, 2014
I purchased this book to brush up on my government accounting before taking a civil service test to get on a promotion list. I scored well and have been promoted twice since taking the test.
on June 2, 2013
For more than 35 years I have worked with governmental and nonprofit organizations whose operations are regulated by the accounting and auditing professions. Michael Granof has provided accounting students and managers within governmental and nonprofit organizations an excellent guide to understanding essential public sector accounting and auditing practices.
on November 26, 2013
I purchased this book because of the customer reviews and I think it is great. It is very easy to understand, well organized and well written. I don't have an accounting background but increasingly work in government finance and needed a book to study on my own. Another plus is that although I purchased this book used, I was able to download software and data exercises to go along with the book. As an aside, I also have "Governmental and Non-Profit Accounting Theory and Practice" (8th edition) by Freeman, Shoulders and Allison which I think is a very difficult book to read. If you are struggling with that book, I recommend trying this one.
on August 24, 2016
Everything you need to know.
on November 6, 2016
nice book
on January 23, 2016
A little above me. I wanted something a bit more layman speak.
on September 15, 2013
I needed the book to complement in my preparation for a CPA Exam (FAR) and I got what I wanted.