Industrial Deals HPC Magazine Deals Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New album by Luke Bryan Electronics Gift Guide $34.99 for a limited time only Handmade Last Minute Gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  All-new Echo Save $10 on Fire 7. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on August 29, 2017
LOVED THE FORMULAS IN THERE, REALLY NEATLY LAID DOWN!!
on July 15, 2017
Pretty decent book, great price.
on August 14, 2016
Amazing book. Covers all physics topics and explains them thorougly with all equations you need. Good for physics students that want to start from zero, however, you need to know basics in math (+advanced math like calculus eventually). I highly recommend this book for future physics students.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 18, 2014
So the explanations are fine and the theory is fine, but the examples aren't parallel to the problems/questions of the book. It's kind of hard to study from it because of that. I used this book for my physics class in college (Electrical Engineering major) and hope I don't have to use it again.
on November 22, 2016
Great as an e-book. I wish it allowed more then a couple devices so I could go from my phone to my tablet and my PC but it does allow two different devices when you rent it. This is how I'm going rent all my textbooks from now on.
on February 1, 2010
Very interesting and dense book to help you understand the fundamental properties of big(ger) things.
Some bonuses:
Lots of problems
Interesting associations given to perk interests
Not too much history (through I do appreciate remembering the true heroes of yore)
Thick enough to fend off flying objects, symbolic of remonstration, from near-retirement professor in response to happily given wrong answers
Laminated enough to proof against drool for the back row students

=)
on March 2, 2017
good
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 19, 2017
Needed for school. As described.
on December 4, 2011
I got this textbook as a recommendation from a friend. I went through the 2nd chapter on velocity, acceleration, etc yesterday, and I like it so much more than the previous textbook I had been using (Essential University Physics by Wolfson). Sample problems are very good. They even have humor in the problems! I worked some of the problems from the back of the chapter that have solutions in the back, and they were good too (the one's I got to). I had another physics major friend who saw I had the book and said it was the one she used in her physics class as a freshmen. She said she still has it and loves it because it is comprehensive and easy to understand.
on October 10, 2016
It covers most of Mechanics, and thinner one is easier to carry than thick one. I chose a couple of textbooks out of several, and this is one of them. It should be a better physics textbook over many others.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse