Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 32 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 49 reviews
on November 13, 2014
I am a school psychologist, and I use this at work all the time. It's really designed for us school psychologists, and I'm not sure who else would use it. It is the updated version and, I believe, has all the new tests coming out. I sure hope so. :D The bigger thing with it that I'm working on learning is that it is designed to be the cross-battery assessment rather than a check. For example, in the previous version all the scores were given equal weight and averaged, so it was considered best practice, if possible, to use the standardized scores from the assessment if possible and there were no outliers. (At least that's what I was taught.) This version is a complete system that removes that preference; it gives percentiles (yay!) and weighs the scores for you. You would use this system in the place of a full test battery. There's a lot of information and more measures you can utilize, including a few executive functioning ones. I'm still figuring the program out. I recall it still only has reading/writing/math instead of breaking it into, for example, basic reading skills and reading comprehension. All in all, it's something that I'm still playing around with, but excited about.
on May 31, 2013
This is a very thorough manual that teases out every aspect of CHC assessment. The manual covers current psychological tests and latest in CHC research. The things I like most are the Rapid Reference Guides, the Don't Forget boxes, comparison charts and the comprehensive appendices. The use of tables and diagrams throughout allows facilitates understanding of concepts.
The best part is the attached CD that allows computer analysis of data to help with reports and follow-up. I don't leave for work without this book.
on December 30, 2013
This was recommended as a book from my professor. My professor is wonderful and knows his stuff. The books that we must use are books that will carry you throughout the courses in psychology along with your use in your psychology profession. This book displays how Cross-Battery Assessments can be used when assessing students with the understanding that the various assessments are not just one fits all. It is a wonderful book filled with lots of information that should be used. All the books that I have purchased will be put in my repertoire.
on December 22, 2013
Our district has over 90,000 students. The best Educational Diagnostician's are using this book and the CD that goes with it. It is especially helpful when working with 2nd language learners and their cross-battery profiles to assist with interpretation. This book helps newbies and seasoned professionals. Nobody with good ethics wants to over identify culturally linguistically diverse people.
on February 23, 2014
This is the next level of special educational assessment. Educational testing is very sophisticated, and it gets more and more exact all the time. This book, and some of the others that I still need to get, are a must for the assessment professional in the schools. This edition has a lot of things the previous edition didn't. I carry it with me everyday in the public schools. The formats for tables and quick references are good, and the CD is good.
on July 15, 2017
Just as described!
on July 21, 2013
I feel that this book is an essential tool for school psychologists. Cross battery assessment is very useful in identifying processing strengths and weaknesses for students. Using this information allows educators to specifically plan interventions to support students based on their individual needs.
on August 26, 2016
A lot of good info but a difficult read. I rented by book for a block of diag courses I took through UTPB.
on September 12, 2014
The excel files included on the CD do not work with Excel 2013. The publisher has made Excel 2013 compatible files available on their support website: [...]
on April 15, 2017