Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 16 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 19 reviews
on July 28, 2017
The book looked good, but when I opened it it was broken in the middle.
on March 18, 2014
I don't know why, but this book doesn't really explain things clearly.
You would be better off either buying something cheaper (or free), or paying for the best.
on July 18, 2012
This book was just okay. It wasn't very clear in its examples and it seemed like they just threw some code together and called it a book.
on May 21, 2017
I very much dislike this book. I bought it because I wanted to learn data structures and I am most comfortable with C++. The introductory chapters are breezing over important topics such as overloading operators, friend functions. I mean how do they expect you to learn this with such horrible examples? The practice problems at the end of the chapters are more than boring unless you want to work for a financial institution. Why do they even both writing this book is it is not meant to teach but rather to confuse?
I am no expert in C++, but I should not have to be to find this book helpful. It was a waste of money.
on March 1, 2015
What is it with this book? It's like they're using an unknown language to teach you another language. The only programming I've done was in an introductory C++ class (which I got an "A" in). This is not a good study source, especially if you're trying to understand the material on your own.
on June 22, 2014
This book is really dense, and not very useful. It's definitely not cleanly laid out, concise, nor clear in explaining the concepts. You don't need this book to learn C++, just use google. I'm pretty sure my school set up some kind of deal with the publishers of this book to force us to purchase this thing. I got it much cheaper off Amazon, but it's still ridiculously overpriced.
on March 24, 2012
This is totally NOT for beginners !!!, im using this book for my programming fundamentas III class, but really, my last book that i used in my past c++ classes that i cant remember the name of that book right now, but if you are interested in it send me a message and i would look in my shelf of books for it. Any way as I was saying, my last book is much better than this one ! this book is not good at all, It kind of tries to teach what is says, data structures, but i ended up reading my past book. The second chapter tries to teach you about classes, throws you a Clock program that it doesn't compile and doesn't teach you about the construct and destuct functions before the classes.
on February 28, 2014
I bought it for my college course, and this book made no sense. It is not very understandable, and the code examples are uninformative and often incomplete. I did most of my learning with free (and ironically much easier to understand) websites.

Don't waste your money on this book. Even if your class requires it, arguably you can do without it.
on April 11, 2017
Of all my coding textbooks, this one has been the hardest to get into.... Assembly is more riveting than this textbook. It's not their job to entertain me, of course, but there's something off.
on January 11, 2013
This was a required book for a course in data structures. The explanations were clear, and I liked the illustrations. I seldom needed to look outside this book to complete my data structures homework.