Truck Reviews Beauty Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on September 23, 2015
I loved this book. It was easy to read and the concepts were understandable. The information was relevant to today and the examples were on events that happened recently. When I say recently I mean that the examples they use are dated past the 1900s. Since my criminology class was online, my teacher made us read a chapter and then have us take a test. Usually I have trouble with reading something without the professor explaining the topic. That was not the case with this book. There were very concise explanations that were easy to digest. Textbooks that I have used in the past are crammed with so much information that you can’t get the main point from them. More textbooks should be like this one.

I purchased the used version of this book. When dealing with used books, generally I always get the ones that have markings in them from the previous user. This was not the case when I opened this book. It seemed like it was practically untouched. It almost looked as if it was brand new. The book’s cover looked fine as well. There was a bend in mine but it did not matter. The inside contents were unharmed and readable.

The price for it was excellent too! If you are required to get a copy, get it here. It will save you a very good amount of money if you purchase the book here. It was cheaper than the other place I was about to get it from. Even if you are not taking a course in criminology, this book is still a good read for those interested in this topic. It was a good read and I actually learned something from it. I rarely say that about a textbook so take my word for it.
on September 4, 2013
I ordered this textbook for my criminology class, and ordered it "NEW" and arrived in original wrapping/packaging...however, as I skimmed through it, I realized that my book had numerous markings: pen marks, highlight marks, and marker marks. They're all pretty small and doesn't interfere with the text and material, so it's fine, but I expected my book to be free of markings since I ordered a NEW book, not a used book. Other than that, my book was in good condition and free of folds. I'm still pretty satisfied regardless of the markings my book has.
on January 4, 2014
When I ordered this book I was under the impression that it was in good condition, but upon receiving the book, I noticed pages were not attached and were just put back in to look like they were attached. Also the book had so much writing and highlighers allover that it was sometimes hard to follow along.
I believe the seller was deceitful when he/she sold the book; however for the price it was okay. It served it's purpose and saved me money.
One person found this helpful
on October 24, 2013
This is a required text for my Criminology class. I think that it is pretty interesting and easy to follow. It's up to date and relevant and there are lots of stories in it that have been on the news in the past few years, making it more interesting because I am familiar with some of the cases. It's easy to understand and not overwhelming.
One person found this helpful
on October 7, 2016
Basic introduction to criminology. A little wordy at times but it covers whatever you need to know in some sense. Wikipedia could probably serve the same function but I had to buy it for a class.
on January 17, 2012
This book was required as part of an "Intro to Criminology" course at a local community college. The course relied 100% on this book, and I can now see why. The authors skillfully survey the field of criminology in a relevant and easy to read manner. The book was recently updated, so the examples presented brought the concepts to real-life.
4 people found this helpful
on February 7, 2015
Bought for a class, but after the class ended I decided to keep this textbook because it would be a great book for parents to read before their children grow into teens.
Very interesting theories, ones that seem to fit well with some of the behavior I displayed as a delinquent.
on April 12, 2017
If you're not buying this for a class, I wouldn't recommend it. But if you have to read it, it won't put you to sleep as much as other textbooks would.
on April 5, 2017
Thanks
on March 7, 2012
I was really excited about purchasing this textbook on my Kindle Fire. I found the ease of transport to be a top consideration. However, the novelty soon wore off for me. This may be just a quirk for me but I found the formatting for the digital edition to be distracting. My guess is that the hard copy is formatted with a central column of text and side margins for vocabulary and key points, I don't know for sure, I haven't actually looked at a physical textbook. I found that in the digital edition the key points, vocabulary, and photographs would sometimes be tossed into the text in the middle of the paragraph which for me was distracting and made me lose my train of thought and I would often read the insert and then have to backtrack and re-read the few sentences before and skip the inserted text to maintain the flow of the content. I think from now on I will stick to pleasure reads for my Kindle and continue to buy/rent hard copy textbooks.