Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 18 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 26 reviews
on September 1, 2010
An Introduction to Programming with C++ by Zak is a great initial textbook or those interested in exploring C++ programming concepts from absolute scratch. I am using this book in a beginner course- it starts from an assumption of zero knowledge and progresses at a slow enough clip that you are able to understand the basics more completely than with other books.

Having said that- there are some issues with the text- I taught myself the C programming language and there are basic syntax conventions that are not adequately addressed, and some not at all. She also makes broad generalizations which are not in-line with common coding conventions. I still learned a lot from this book, but I recommend augmenting your studies with other books. I taught myself C with the C for Dummies: All in One Desk Reference- which is a fantastic resource. There is also an on-line tutorial/ forum website which I regularly reference: [...]
There is no absolutely perfect beginner's resource to begin your journey into programming- just find a few resources which are useful to you, and then go from there. Experience and the spirit of exploration and curiosity are the best tools at your disposal, so use them.
on April 30, 2013
I'm used this book for an Intro to C++ class at my college. I am very happy with the content and it aided my learning more than I expected. It teaches things simply enough that you can grasp the concepts quickly and delves into some of the more complex subjects in enough detail that you can keep up and excel. The examples are relevant to the subject matter and interesting enough that I actually wanted to complete the problem. Although this is not a book for advanced users, I would definitely recommend this book to a fellow student or anyone interested in getting an introduction into C++.
on June 17, 2016
Good text book for school.
on March 24, 2015
Was used as a college textbook but is easy to follow without a class to guide you.
on December 28, 2011
This textbook is required for the college course in computer programming. The condition and price made it a logical purchase than obtaining one at the campus bookstore. It provides the basics in the subject and will be a welcomed addition to my reference library.
on April 8, 2013
I only ordered this book because it was way cheaper than buying it from the college bookstore. It was the book that was needed for the course I took and that was last time I used it.
on February 16, 2013
I received this book for a class in a timely fashion. The book was very reasonable cost wise and exactly what I needed for class. The costs was almost 75% off from the bookstore price !!!!
on May 29, 2017
A+
on November 28, 2015
I purchased this for a programming class, and it's helped a ton. The book was in pretty alright condition with minimal markings and notes in it.
on October 15, 2012
product was in excelent shape and it did nt take that long to receive it . definitley recommend this guys !!