Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Magazine Deals Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New album by morrisey Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on October 12, 2017
Purchased for school. Came as described.
on June 25, 2015
I am of the opinion that most good classes focus more on the instructor than on the textbook. That being said, a solid textbook is useful and should help develop intuitions to solve problems. That's kinda where I like this text.

There are many different problems from each given chapter that an instructor could assign, but the practice problems here seem genuinely interesting because they're varied in their approach. I've come away from each session of homework feeling as if I actually learned something because I had ample opportunity to practice the ideas through the homework.

I've had other textbooks where I only paid attention to them to look for facts that weren't mentioned in lecture. This is one of the few textbooks I actually go through looking for knowledge. Pretty sweet. That being said, some of the explanations in the book aren't very good and I had to reach outside of the book a few times. Overall I'm glad I bought a copy.
3 helpful votes
on March 19, 2017
Good
1 helpful vote
on February 12, 2016
Very useful book, easy to understand
3 helpful votes
on September 8, 2015
I rented this book and it is exactly what I need for chem class. Although it isn't required I am really enjoying and find it a big help with my class.
on March 29, 2016
I bought this for my chemistry class through college. It was a great book and very informative. It really explained things thoroughly.
on February 5, 2017
It was a good copy. The only problem was that there was no Chapter 20. It only went to chapter 19. The hardcover version goes up to Chapter 20. Not sure why this one didn't..
on September 27, 2016
It is great in timely delivery and what is really needed.
on October 20, 2016
Hate this book. I only bought this because it was a required text for my intro to Chem class. I still need to Google most of the info the text lays out since the explanation was wordy. .
on August 10, 2016
Excellent textbook. It's a really good guide on how to teach/learn chemistry in a relevant way.