Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 11 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 12 reviews
on November 19, 2011
I has to purchase this book for a class business introductions to technology class I am taking at the University of Michigan and found it a great book in teaching me the basics of microsoft access. The book is set up in a series of "cases" where they apply the uses of access to real world functions, which plays out fairly nice. There are files used in the book that my professor provides to us, if you are simply purchasing this book for your own use, I don't know how you would find these files...

Pictures are aplenty and there are descriptions of EVERYYYY step that you may encounter as you walk through the step by step guide. BUT, if you want to simply have a list and learn of different functions of Access, this book may not be for you. There is a great glossary that would give you this info and page numbers of where to find a single use of it in the book, but outside of that there is no "here are multiple examples and uses of this single function".

Its a basics and introductory book, keep that in mind, and if you are purchasing this for your school use, you will not be disappointed in the ease of use and ability to follow and understand what you are doing in access, but you may find that you fly through the book fairly quickly.

It was a good book, but if you already have a basic understanding of access and need help with certain functions, I think the internet would be of better assistance to you. This is a guide to start someone out from scratch, telling them everything necessary to use a computer, and this software.
on November 3, 2012
This is a great text if you are trying to learn Access for work or to manage personal information. First, the book is so easy to follow. Second, the book gives a website address where you can download .zip files that are shown as practice through the sections of the book. So, you get lots of examples and step-by-step how-tos. Makes Access finally make sense. I used it to advance place out of a semester university course business majors have to take (I used the New Perspectives Excel detailed book for the Excel part.) I passed the advanced placement test and got 3 semester hours (1 full class) worth of credit when friends from my other classes did not pass and had to sit through the whole semester class of Computer Information Systems (CIS). The New Perspectives series of texts is the one my university uses for the actual credit class too. That tells you how good this series is and that is kept in the library as the reference book.
on July 15, 2014
This book keeps crashing... it makes it incredibly hard while in class or doing homework...
I have the kindle fire HDX, the newest one and I am so annoyed right now, but I don't have a choice, I'm a student on a very tight budget and couldn't afford the physical copy of the book or I would have that instead.

Shame on whoever coded this junk book.
on March 1, 2016
I threw the book away upon received it because the book has no accompany CD needed to do the exercises in the book. Hope Amazon will make a note if the book(s) has (have) no accompany CD(s).
on January 29, 2013
This was required for a course. I didn't use it. The material in the course was a paraphrasing of the material in this book and others. You'll learn a lot about Access, that's for sure.
on November 8, 2013
it looks like new book, although it's used book, wonderful, i got the book very quickly. i love it, and i will tell my friends buy this one
on October 6, 2014
Excellent if you want to start using excel.
on November 26, 2014