Your Garage World Book Day STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Limited time offer Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts Shop Popular Services Bosch Bosch Bosch  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 185 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 217 reviews
on December 18, 2014
I didn't like when the author said in the book when they lost birdie and found the doll which was covered with blood this detail really scared me and should not be in a children's book. I like when the author said in the book that when Henry the character said to Thomas and birdie that Henry's sweetheart (Mary) was going to teach Thomas and birdie to read and write. I liked this fact because a lot of African American people could not read or write so the kids are so lucky to get to learn to read and write. I love the I survived books because they give a lot of facts that I did not know and the story relates to a kid that experiences this event. Thank you Mrs.Tarshis for writing I survived books and keep writing I am so excited to read them all. Thank you so much for tacking your time to read this. Next I am going to read the bombing of the Pearl Harbor!!!! P.S I am not a hater I just want to tell you things that were on my mind!!!! From your #1 fan Lilly!!! Have a merry Christmas!!! THANK YOU
on March 3, 2017
This book does a great job explaining the civil war and gives many great details... I loved this book and would definitely recommend it!
on April 12, 2016
Good view of racial conflicts at that period of history. Good research starter, but not good for research itself.
on July 9, 2015
Meh. I am a history geek and often will read books that are Gettysburg or Civil War related. I understand this book is written for kids, but I feel that this story needs more meat to it, and the story line jumps around a lot. So, if your kid loves history and wants an easy read, this is a good book to have. But if you're a history geek and want a book with a bit more of a story line to it, move on.
on March 9, 2017
Arrived on time as it was a gift for my Kid. Loved it.
on April 8, 2017
Our grandson loved it
on April 4, 2017
Totally fictional,if you are writing for children,it should be more based on facts
on September 17, 2013
READ MY COMMENTS ABOUT THESE BOOKS UNDER THE BOOK "I SURVIVED HURRICANE KATRINA". MY COMMENTS WILL SAY IT ALL!!! ENJOY
on August 27, 2016
Granddaughter loves this book and the other ones too.
on December 22, 2015