Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 1-10 of 71 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 119 reviews
on November 28, 2016
My 9 year old granddaughter is reading Almost Home in school and suggested I might like it too. So I started reading it just to please her and to my surprise found it charming, touching and beautifully written.
I kept marveling how the author managed to appeal to a fourth grader and her grandmother both. Well done!
on September 2, 2016
Beautifully written novel striking at the heart of the struggle of a teenage girl trying to fit into a foster home. While the subject matter is difficult, it is appropriate for middle school students.
on February 8, 2015
I read this book for a school project on poverty/homelessness and it touched my heart. Shush the dog is literally half human and sounds so adorable. Sugar is a character with character. Reba is very determined to love Mr. Leeland, who gambles for much and has left them many times. Read this book to find out what happens to Sugar, Reba, Lexie, Mac, and so many more characters.
on October 12, 2014
Good book, my only caution is for sensitive kids. It is about a girl who has a rough go for a while and ends up homeless for a good portion of the book. This book addresses some serious issues like depression and alcoholism. A deep but interesting and entertaining story.
on June 1, 2017
Awesome!
on May 18, 2017
It was amazing one of the best books I've ever read it might make you cry, and laugh I loved it take this from a kid that loves to read
on February 11, 2014
This book is written for kiddos in grades 5-8; however, adults will not be disappointed. What a beautifully written book. As an educator, I have had many different kinds of students and several have been homeless. It's not a topic we like to think about, but Joan Bauer gives us some insight and she does it with grace. This is definitely one of my favorites!!!
on June 13, 2017
My son enjoyed the book, he says it was a good book and had a lot of good parts in it
on August 22, 2015
This book was an option for my summer reading. (I teach 6th grade.) I had several students tell me on the first day of school that they loved it, and it was their new favorite! It was uplifting, real, and empowering.
on February 28, 2015
I loved the way that it had such great detail,it also had some sad things to make it interestingso the reader won't get bored.You did a great job writing this book Joan Bauer and I think you should continue writing books like this.! 😃😃👍👍