Lyft Industrial Deals Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc August Greene All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

on October 20, 2017
I read this book to all my first graders when I was a teacher. Then, when I moved to PreK I read it to them, as well. The boys LOVED the picture of the war & the girls loved her dress & "funny hat." As a follow-up activity they tried writing their names with a feather pen & watered down black paint. That was a bit messy, which made it even more fun. LOVE this book so much that I am going to use it in a Thanksgiving lesson with my small-group at church (ages 60+).
on November 12, 2017
My name is Sarah, as well! I thought my little 4-year-old grandson would get a kick out of this book here at Thanksgiving. I was right! It is a very interesting story in a book with lovely illustrations. The drawings of the happy turkeys are especially cute. Also a great story to open up tough topics for discussion with kids, like the Civil War and slavery.
on December 9, 2016
Disappointed in this book after so many high recommendations on Amazon and elsewhere. It has an inconsistent feel to it or something - the story is written for 5-8 year olds, but the art is aimed at teens to adult. My kids just didn't get some of the pictures. Tjhe art is very caricature - meaning really distorted human figures, and my 5 year old daughter found it creepy, especially on the faces of some of the presidents. I liked the story and it made my son comment that he wanted to learn to write. But I really did not care for the art at all....
on January 11, 2018
Fun book with a story rarely told around Thanksgiving. Very feminist slant, but still a good story in addition to other Thanksgiving resources.
on April 6, 2017
Gave to grandkids as gift.
on November 3, 2017
This book is written from factual sources that allow the reader to see the origin of the holiday from the perspective of family and unity, the things that bring us together, not tear us apart. It also has a lesson about perseverance and the power of the "pen." I read this to my students every year for Thanksgiving.
on January 17, 2018
Great historical facts that may not be known. I'm a teacher & use this book to encourage my girl students that they too can be history makers!
on July 1, 2016
Absolutely LOVE this book!!! Students loved it too... they really got into the story as I read it & actually cheered at the end of the book!
on April 8, 2016
The illustrations are amazing and the story is well told. I've read other, much more boring versions, and I prefer this one. It tackles a lot of history in the end notes, but still a great book.
on November 29, 2017
Great story for elementary students!