Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Microsoft Office Publisher 2007 Step by Step
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now

Format: Paperback|Change

on October 18, 2007
I found this book to be very helpful in understanding everything publisher can do. I was trying to learn how to use it to create a web page and had no luck until i read step by step.
i would recomend this to anyone needing a little help with publisher.
on May 14, 2008
The book suffers from common "how to use a program book" problems. It assumes you know too much or too little. If you never used Pubisher, this is a good start if you are doing one of their templates. If you are more advanced and are searching for solutions, it is difficult to find them. For example, lots of problems occur in editing and rearranging. Although there is a chapter on organization, there is nothing in the index under organization. If you don't know the author's terminolgy you can't solve the problem. If you are using XP, examples in Vista is not a real issue. Needed information is frequently buried in one or the other of their templates. For example, in editing a table of contents box, they refer to changing a table, but there is nothing I found on that. Another problem in Publisher is insertng an article with bullets; this requires reformatting the paragraph in Publisher which is not discussed. If you search through the book, you can find most examples, but not neccesarily easily. It is certainly better than having no reference at all.
on October 17, 2007
This book is very helpful as the program has a lot of hidden key movements that a lot of us are not aware of. The book is very Informative and cover a lot of aspects we are nor aware of. Great Print worth having as a Backup Support
on December 25, 2007
Microsoft® Office Publisher 2007 Step by Step (Step By Step (Microsoft)) I have trained myself successfully with many step-by-step books in the past. This is not written in a step-by-step fashion; the instructions are poor and disorganized. It is obvious that this was not tested out on a potential student. I have had to write in additional steps that I found by trial and error. This is not a good book for a beginner in this software program. I do not feel like editing a book that I have purchased. I may not purchase a book from the step-by-step series again!
on February 15, 2008
Step by step is set up for MS Vista OS, and very difficult to use with Microsoft XP
on April 29, 2008
This was a disappointing book, and I have found less than half the info I need in here. For instance, I wanted to move a page in my newsletter and the first step in the instructions read "...turn off Two-Page Spread view", but doesn't instruct me how. So, I need to turn to the back and see if I can locate how to do this in the book. I've been trying to figure out how to change my bulleted margin and cannot locate that anywhere in the book. These are just a few examples of what I could NOT find in this book. So, unless you want very basic instructions, this isn't the book for you. Keep looking!
on August 12, 2013
At first, I couldn't get the CD to work on my computer, but then the Publisher sent me a link to click on and upload to my computer and that worked.
This book works better if you have Windows Vista, however if you have Windows XP (like I do) it will work if you make a few changes.
Every now and then, I learned something and I would think, "This is great!" But frequently, I wished they had more drawings to show me exactly what they were talking about. Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of drawings in this book, which is good, but I just needed more. I am quite new at desktop publishing.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 18, 2014
I can't really even put my finger on it beyond that. Perhaps I just need to buy an actual person to tutor me in all things computer. Ultimately it wasn't useful to me and I donated it. But I honestly can't say that it wasn't totally my fault.
on July 23, 2015
Not a good reference book if you are only interested in just one feature. Since I had some knowledge of Publishler, I did not want to plod my way though this. Bought it used, so did not waste too much money,but it took 4 weeks to get it and find out it was not what I wanted.
on December 3, 2013
The delivery was fast and the book was in better than great condition. I was able to use it right away and add it to my collection. It's a great reference tool that I will be using for quite some time. I would recommend the book and the seller of course to anyone.