HPC Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now Start your Baby Registry

Goodnight, Little Monster
Format: Hardcover|Change

on September 13, 2016
This is my nephew's favourite bedtime book. He loves to howl at the moon, and gets especially delighted when, down the hallway, he can hear the entire family joining him as he howls. He loves to growl and "tangle' his hair as he points out all the bats, mice, and spiders that accompany Little Monster in his nightly bedtime routine. Mama Monsters steers her Little Monster through getting ready for bed - from making sure the night light is on, to cuddling with Little Monster's toy stuffed slug, and assuring Little Monster that no "scary children" hide under his bed to nibble at his feet. My nephew has been born into a family of devoted sci-fi and fantasy geeks, and he loves anything monsters or dragons, along with his more traditional teddy bears and cars. Great fun for any little geek-ling!
4 people found this helpful
on October 3, 2017
We love these. It's a really sweet and calming book and helps my daughter relate to the monster, which helps keep her from being scared of monsters!
3 people found this helpful
on October 31, 2015
My little Monster's favorite book! We love this bedtime story... the graphics are beautiful, the rhymes are fun. Great bedtime book... takes your child through a nice bedtime routine as you can follow along with what the monster is doing (brushing teeth, bathtime, etc). This book makes my little guy smile every time and we often have to read it multiple times before bed. If he's being cranky at night, I can start saying the first couple lines in the book (I have them memorized, of course), and he calms down fast and starts looking for the book with me. Love this book so much that we bought a second copy of it due to some tearing from him "reading" it to himself and flipping the pages while he was still learning to handle paper pages.
on July 6, 2016
My 3 grandsons ages 2-6 loved the story. I'm not so sure I would've purchased it if I could've read it all the way through. I was surprised that they were not afraid to go straight to bed afterwards. My 2 yr old was talking about the bowl of eyeballs today. Maybe I should've rated it 5 stars.
on March 8, 2015
I love this book. I'm glad I love this book, because it is a night time reading staple for my 2 and 3 year old boys. The illustrations are lovely and it reads smoothly. It consists of little monster getting ready for bed with the help of his loving mother and he does all the same thing our little human (sometimes figurative monster) children do as well: bath, snacks, brush teeth, read a book and make sure no "monsters" are under the bed. I recommend this book a sweet nighttime read for any little one.
on September 16, 2012
This book was on my recommended section and I tried it for free via prime. It instantly became my three year old daughters favorite book at bed time so I bought it. At $3.99 it's a steal and worth every penny. She loves to compare her bedtime to the little monster. The story is cute and written so a child can easily understand it. The art style is very well done, and creative it also displays perfectlrly on the fire. The text is a tad small but a simple double tap on a text block enlarges it for easy reading. Bottom line is the book a must have in your child's bedtime story rotation. Do yourself a cavorted and buy it. Your children will love it.
on May 6, 2017
The rhythm of the book held his attention and made him laugh. He's learning to sleep in his own bed so this works.
on June 23, 2017
This is a feel good bedtime story with a great creative twist. It will make bedtime easier and open kids up to difference.
on April 16, 2012
A while back I bought "Beautiful Moon" a beautiful children's book and fell in love with it! I absolutely LOVED the illustrations on that book. From then on I have looked up all the books that this Illustrator has worked with and I was able to find this lovely book as one of her works. This book has the most amazing illustrations and to top it off has a very cute little story!

The story is placed in the house of a little monster while his mom does her bedtime routine with the little monster. He is afraid of children and look under the bed to make sure there's no children under his bed, all while he's about to go to sleep.

I bought this book because after searching for it, I found it to have excellent reviews as well as many awards. It's a must have for your children!
3 people found this helpful
on December 11, 2011
This is one of the best books out there for young children. It basically is about getting a little monster ready for bed and going through the bedtime routine, however it is coupled with amazing illustrations and funny little quirks specific to a monster life. You could read it as a halloween story, but really it could be read at any time of year since there is no mention of halloween or trick-or-treating in the book. My son absolutely loves it because it has spiders and funny monster things that kids enjoy, and he requests it every night. The only "downside" is that the last page is a bit too cutesy for my taste, the overtone of "mommy loves you" is a bit heavy on that last page. I would definitely recommend it!