Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Knot Ultimate Wedding Planner & Organizer [binder edition]: Worksheets, Checklists, Etiquette, Calendars, and Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports Amazon Vehicles Back to School

on November 2, 2013
This has made my wedding planning so much simpler.

The PROs: It is so organized! Everything is tabulated, including sections for the timeline and budget, the outfits and styling, the catering, the entertainment, etc. There are pockets included for holding receipts and business cards, which was very handy. The binder opens and closes, so you can add more pages yourself, such as menus, contracts, etc.

The CONs: The binder seems to be written under the assumption that you are an heiress with an enormous wedding budget. (The sample budget was $30,000, not even in my ballpark!) It constantly suggests you get a wedding planner, when the whole purpose of the binder is to plan it yourself.

Some people have argued that you could easily print out all the pages online and made a similar binder yourself. That's possible, but in this case, someone else has already done that for you, and in a nice, sturdy binder. Isn't that worth saving yourself one more thing to do? :)

I took this with me to every meeting we had with different venues and shops and it has been a lifesaver.
22 comments| 222 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 13, 2015
This binder is amazing! It has everything you need to stay organized and plan your wedding and you can take it with you anywhere! I love it!
Getting married August 6,2016!
review image
22 comments| 57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 21, 2014
I purchased this planner, as well as Wedding Planning for Dummies and The Knot Book of Wedding Lists. I haven't even opened the other two. This was perfect -- from the timeline to dress how-to's, it was the only thing I needed. It's kept me organized and on schedule, and I feel confident I haven't forgotten any details.
on August 5, 2016
This planner is pretty much my Bible. Once we got engaged, I knew that we would be planning this wedding primarily on our own. We can't afford a planners services and I'm all about DIY - which is actually going really well for us with 8 months to go! This breaks everything down and gives insight into vendors and what you should be asking or looking for. While a good portion of sections don't apply to us, I still think this is a great thing to have if you're on a budget and not hiring a planner.

I take it to work everyday and I love that it includes checklists and samples of budget breakdowns and all that fun stuff. I don't know about you, but I love making lists just so I can check things off but this makes me feel like I'm taking no prisoners! Anytime I come to a decision or hire a vendor or whatever, I open this up and check it off the timeline list. If I haven't made any progress in a couple weeks, I still look back at it to see where we are in terms of available time and final decisions.

I ordered this like 2 weeks after we got engaged and when this showed up in the mail and I opened it; my fiancé literally shook his head and told me I was insane. Little does HE know that this thing has made planning a wedding (mostly on my own as he is extremely hands off and works swing shifts) as stress-free for me as it can get right now. I've added some sections and taken out sections that aren't applicable and I hole punch every vendor quote or email I get and place them in the correlating section. I've also made copies of the provided floor plans and made several layouts to determine which works best with our venue, and I've gleaned some pretty neat information from this. You can really use this binder to your advantage even if you aren't planning a big budget wedding, or you're having a more intimate wedding, or even if you're still using a wedding planner! You can tweak this to fit your needs and I honestly would not know what to do without this, this has helped keep me on track and even ahead of schedule.

I will say this: planning a wedding can become all-consuming. For example, if you're like me and say : you and your honey decide to take a long weekend trip to the mountains in October and it's August, and then you obsess over planning EVERY.SINGLE.DETAIL until you actually leave - you're going to be exhausted. You're going to be so burnt out from planning what time you leave, what time you get back, triple checking your Airbnb reservations, making dinner plans for at least one night, what you're going to pack and "is the weather going to cold?" and all that crap, that you're not actually going to enjoy yourself. That's how I am; once a decision has been made to do something, I have to see the plans through to the very end to give myself peace of mind. I started off planning this wedding that way and realized that I wasn't doing myself any favors by constantly looking at this planner and following its timeline checklist. I eventually put the planner away for about a month and then went back to it with some clarity. Make sure you give yourself a break from planning every so often :)
on April 3, 2016
Great way to organize your wedding and also gives new brides an idea of what they need to do to start planning. It has timelines for one year engagements and 4-6 month engagements. The first few weeks of my engagement, I just flipped and flipped through this binder and created an excel sheet with everything I needed to do - from costs, to timeline, to what vendors I needed to contact. Using this with the knot's website has been very helpful!
review image review image
on January 8, 2013
going to make my planning for my wedding so much easier! this planner was a lot nicer looking than other ones that I looked at.
on June 19, 2015
After reading previous reviews, I was skeptical to buy this. I wanted a binder so that I can hole punch contracts, etc. to place in the binder as well. It has PLENTY of room for whatever you want to add. There are also a few pages that might not apply to your particular wedding, but they can easily be removed and you won't even know they were there! This really is the perfect wedding planner/binder. You can even remove the sticker on the cover without leaving a mess so you can put your own cover or leave it plain. LOVE IT.
33 comments| 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 22, 2016
This needs to be updated for today's brides. There are many things on the timeline check list that if you follow the timeline, you will be left with little to no options. The budget is unrealistic especially if you are a bride in a major city where prices are very high. This planner gets one star because it was useful for one thing, the business card holding page in the back.
on April 2, 2014
Save your money! Totally unnecessary expense. I bought this when I was first engaged because I thought it would help me figure out what I needed to do. This might be helpful if I had a $50,000 wedding budget and no internet access. With the help of Google, Etsy, Pinterest, and a little common sense, I've planned a perfectly small wedding for $6000 without help of this worthless book.
on April 19, 2013
I love it, and the web site is even better. It gives you an idea of what to do and ask. I love the vendors list by area, and the checklist.