Your Garage World Book Day STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Limited time offer Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts STEM Book House Cleaning Bosch Bosch Bosch  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 20 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 35 reviews
on October 3, 2012
If you need a cheap - emphasize, CHEAP - large print King James Version Bible, this is the one to get.

Pros:
- large print really is large (13 points) and easier to read (much better than the typical pew Bible, usually 8 points)
- reasonably bright white paper (good when reading in good lighting conditions)
- end of verse cross references are useful because you don't have to hunt for letter or number codes in a column to find them (but see below)
- "self-pronunciation" is very effective for readers who take advantage of that feature
- ribbon markers

Cons:
- cheap-feeling cover (light and delicate-feeling compared to the sturdy, pebbly cover of a Gideon Bible)
- very thin paper causes print on the other side of the page to "bleed through", making the Bible a little difficult to read in dim light, but still very easy to read in bright light
- references at the end of the verse are in very small print...probably too difficult to read for someone who needs a large print Bible
- for KJV purists, this does not use the standard Oxford text but (instead) uses a typical variant KJV text. (Most KJV owners already have a variant text and would never be able to tell the difference between it and the standard Oxford text.)

Special note: Jehovah's Witnesses will find this edition acceptable because no cross appears on the cover, title page or elsewhere that I could find.

Conclusion:
For those who can afford it, I recommend an edition with a sturdier cover and paper that does not allow print to "bleed through". For those to whom price is all-important, this is a decent-quality hardcover Bible at an unbeatable price.
on September 10, 2008
I gave this one to my (then) 6 year old for his AWANA classes, and he has had it for 2 years now. We do have it in a case, now, but even with the abuse from a little boy, it is still in perfect condition, great study Bible and nice big print, good value, I shopped around, this was a good price. KJV is the real version, everything else is just loosely translated, this is what you want! God Bless!
on January 8, 2010
This Bible was awesome to take to the Middle East with me. It is small and able to fit well in my back pack; the words were nice and big so I could get to scriptures fast and see well while traveling around to the different Biblical sites in Israel. Before the tour was over I met two Jewish fellows who were very interested in this Bible, so much so that I offered it to them and they gladly accepted it. Excellent reading with the giant letters, accurate King James wording and nice and very easy to carry around. I would recommend this Bible for anyone who loves the King James. Shalom
on May 29, 2015
I buy a new Bible every year, and have had a hard time finding something that will even last the year. This one was no different. The first pages started falling out in January before I was even finished with the New Testament!

On the Good side: I love the size of the font. Love the references.
On the Bad side: Binding is VERY weak. No room in columns for notes. Paper, VERY weak...hard to make notes.

Some great Bibles out there...keep looking; this isn't it! Thanks, Dave in Colorado
on August 10, 2014
This company only met one of about five requests and did not offer to send a replacement. I ordered Kevin giant sized with reference. I got a nkjv giant sized with no reference. Instead of the real leather cover, it was a hard cover. This was a Fathers Day gift, and Dad won't read anything but Kevin. I hate giving a negative review, but this is the best I can do. They did not offer to correct the order but did tell me to just keep the Bible.
on October 12, 2010
Bible is in very good shape, print is large. I mistakenly purchased this bible as a reference bible... It is not a reference bible, but a reference edition. There wasn't a way to "look inside" on this particular purchase. Very good bible, just not what I intended to purchase.
on June 6, 2012
I order this Bible to use for my daily reading. I wanted a hard cover due to where I have my daily prayer time. The print is easy to read and the binding is holding up to daily use. I am happy with this Bible.
on February 10, 2017
The Bible is great. The end of verse references not so much. But worth what I paid for it
on January 15, 2012
Through Amazon I was able to buy a King James Version of the Bible in large print at an extra-ordinarily cheap price - Australian $20 as opposed to 3 or 4 times that sum from any

major retail outlet in Australia. It's obvious that there has to be a huge shake-up with the whole concept of traditional retail outlets and the advent of buying over the internet. Healthy

competition - a free market place - can't beat it.Tim Hargreaves, Shark Bay, Western Australia. Author of Dolphin Bay - yarns & other madness from Australia's remote North West.
on December 4, 2016
Ordered for a friend who loves it.