Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services gotcatchup gotcatchup gotcatchup  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 43 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 79 reviews
on August 10, 2010
AWESOME BOOK! Very easy navigation - great solutions for every circumstance. For example, I tried out the recommended techniques in the chapter on "listening" (that's always a challenge with a 5 year old), and they have been working GREAT! In the beginning we had some ups and downs, to the point where my daughter was yelling at me because she was frustrated with the consequences of not listening. I quickly took a time out, ran to my room, and read the chapter on "yelling". I used those techniques simultaneously and everything worked out smoothly. I have been highly recommending this book to all the parents at my daughter's school - even the teachers are commenting on what a great book this is! I know it will come in very handy throughout the next few years being that it covers quite a large age range (3-13) with many emotional and behavioral sections.
on April 13, 2016
They weren't kidding when they said "big book". This book is about 3 inches thick and packed with information. An amazing amount of time and research must have gone into it. It does a great job of quickly giving you just enough information to help you with the problem you are having. I really appreciated that each topic has books referenced that you can find to dig deep into an issue.
on May 16, 2011
I wasn't sure what exactly to expect when I ordered this book. All I knew of it was the few pages I scanned on Amazon and that the author, Michele Borba, is cited frequently in Parents magazine which I subscribe to and read cover to cover. I must say this book is great. It gave me much insight on how to handle my boyfriend's strange four-year-old daughter. She was lying and acting out and the book gave me good ideas on how to tackle these problems. I would also recommend it because it covers many topics that pertain to all different age groups. It is a great guide for mothers of this era and your child will not outgrow the advice. After buying it, I feel I will be referring to it time and time again as my children grow up, not just while they're small.
on April 25, 2016
Overwhelming. A lot of repeat answers. Basic guidelines without specific instruction. Better for a beginer, not a veteran mom. Read but did not hep kids behavior. lol
on November 10, 2015
It had tons of useful information, but I didn't find anything in there about blending families, parental roles for step parents, sibling rilvary among step brothers and sisters, step grandparent roles, etc.
on February 5, 2014
The solutions in this book work well for my granddaughter. The thing with this as with may other parenting books is consistency. If you're not consistent, nothing will work. Wish I had this resource when I was raising my kids, would have made it a lot easier. They grew up anyway and with hard work and a lot of love my granddaughter will too.
on December 6, 2016
I bought this book and sent it to a young mother....very well written for all parents raising children!
on December 22, 2012
It's an ok book but wasn't helpfully to me. The situations are generic and she dosent really answer how to correct the problem. I do like that she explains in detail the situation and what can cause these problems. It's more geared to 6- teenage years tho. I was looking for something to help Me with my 3 year old.
on October 15, 2016
I guess when one has 22 grandchildren I have heard it all. Was good reading though.
on June 29, 2016
After seeing the author on Dr. Phil, I ordered this for my daughter and granddaughter.