Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Garnet Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon harrypotter harrypotter harrypotter  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now

on April 13, 2011
As a test prep tutor who specializes in exams which test vocubulary knowledge - the SAT, SSAT, ISEE, SHSAT and others - I am always on the lookout for helpful vocabulary-building tools. This series, while not particularly exciting, is excellent; I use the full set. Students in lower grades can start from the lower levels and work their way up, while high school students generally find Levels G-H challenging. Each word list is accompanied by a good variety of review and reinforcement drills: sentence completions, mix-n-match, passage readings, etc.

Since this series is often used in schools, my luckier students get their test prep and school vocabulary homework done simultaneously!
on March 1, 2014
I love these books. They really help kids grow in vocabulary. I have bought the earlier editions for my son who is in 1 st grade. My daughter started these in school in 5 th grade. One word of caution. If you buy these used, they may he partially completed. I have purchased lots of workbooks from amazon and most have been slightly used or what the seller refers to as minimal use. But I have received four books recently that we're almost fully completed. I contacted the sellers and they have all been refunded except one, which I just notifies yesterday.
on September 9, 2013
This was my first experience purchasing text books through Amazon and it went very well. Things were shipped when i was told,they arrived when expected and saved money as opposed to buying them through the school. Only one book was delayed out of all of the course work that was purchased. Nicely done. I will definately go through Amazon in the future. Good job!
on January 10, 2016
I'm big on learning new vocabulary, this is just like the vocab books from high school. Love all the vocab activities it makes learning new words challenging & fun.
on November 16, 2016
this was the vocabulary series I used in HS
still being used today in HS
on January 22, 2017
Arrived on time. A GREAT resource for learning vocabulary!
on January 17, 2013
I feel smartur already!

But in all reality this is an excellent book if you find it a necessity to have an expanded vocabulary. This delightful book includes practice problems to assist you in learning the correct usages, synonyms and antonyms of a myriad of words commonly used in high-level literature.
on March 21, 2016
Books A-F are great but G and H teach words students will rarely, if ever, encounter.
on October 19, 2013
5 stars. The only marks in the entire book are the previous owner's name. Ironically, my name is Meghan and the previous owner's name was Megan. Great book for cheap. 15 dollars through my school but having this shipped for about 5 dollars was a great deal.
on August 2, 2016
Goes beyond the typical vocabulary assignment.