Beauty Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on April 21, 2014
I am taking French conversation having finished two levels of grammar style instruction using a different book. I found this text to be a very good addition to the level 1 & 2 book I was using when I found areas that were difficult to understand in grammar and detail. This book was better prepared, and tho it is an older volume (new Voila's can be found - newer editions), but this one had a good price as a secondary / back up text. If your text book is very clear and your understanding of French grammar is good, perhaps there is no need. But, if you have an instructor that skims over grammar and your text is lacking, perhaps picking up an older edition for a good price is a good plan if you want to continue on to learning conversational French.
on May 26, 2016
I have been a teacher for many years. I am now teaching some friends weekly and this book is very helpful in the process of planning lessons. I know what to include and what to omit. I am glad to have found this book.
on July 8, 2011
If you need Voila 6th Edition for your class textbook, you can get away with the 5th Edition. I used it for both semesters of French at UM, and it was very similar layout and had all of the same keywords and vocabulary. For the online workbook (which is included with the 6th Edition), just order it online instead. Since 5th edition is so inexpensive, you end up saving overall instead of buying the bundled 6th Edition book and online workbook combined.
I highly recommend 5th Edition over 6th for price.
11 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on November 25, 2012
I wish there are more audio conversations for each lesson. Personally I find that the biggest challenge for me is listening to French speaking French, all the liaisons made the words sound entirely different from how I hear the words when I learned them. Also the content of the book is very much gear towards academic purpose not daily basis conversations.
on February 29, 2016
J'adore la methode de ce livre, une approche plus simple mais plus rapide que d'autres. Je l'utilise tous les jours!
on October 4, 2015
awesome!
on February 8, 2014
Book is fine, cd was very scratched with gunk on it. Not every track will play after I cleaned it up. Still, it was a good value for a language textbook.
2 people found this helpful
on August 22, 2016
Great purchase!
on October 18, 2011
Although the book i received took a while to come it was in GREAT condition and exactly the one portrayed in the picture
on October 28, 2014
Can't give it a good rating because it did not arrive with the CD.