Lyft Industrial Deals Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18_gno

on December 15, 2017
This is one of my all-time favorite Christian books. I LOVE Jerry Bridges! Transforming Grace by Bridges is my other favorite. He is incredibly gifted with writing. He is easy to understand but his works are also deep and incredibly convicting. This book was so helpful to me in my spiritual walk and really allowed me to understand my role in sanctificaiton/holiness and God's role. Highly recommend!
VINE VOICEon January 23, 2018
I read this book several years ago but chose to read it again to refresh my memory. I'm glad I did. The author begins by stating that holiness is for every single follower of Christ, not just Christian leaders. He devotes two chapters to the holiness of God and of Christ, setting the stage for the rest of the book. He then dives into holiness for the believer as it relates to every area of life. In this latest edition, the study guide is included at the back of the book, so there's no need to purchase an additional booklet. Highly recommended!
on May 9, 2016
This book thoroughly explains the topic of holiness and why it matters to God. He also gives excellent reasons through the Bible as to why people struggle with sin after they've accepted Christ and what can be done about it.

The author backs up all his statements and explanations with scripture upon scripture. He is not flowery or emotional but explains a complicated subject in such a way that anyone can understand. Reading this book motivates you to not just like the author but to love Jesus in word and deed. Every Christian should read this book.
on August 5, 2015
This book brings many practical points for the christian. It is written in a simple and direct fashion exhorting us to learn more from the Word of God and pursue holiness and obedience to the One creator of all. Jerry Bridges wrote in a way that seem he is talking directly to us reminding us of the truth we find in the Bible. This is a book to be read and reread during a lifetime. Great book!
on March 25, 2006
Holiness: The nearly forgotten word of Christianity. If it was happiness, joy, love, grace, or mercy the modern church would be very familiar with it, but holiness is a word foreign to many professing Christians. Jerry Bridges has done an outstanding job in awakening Christians to the fact that God has a responsiblity in sanctifying us, and we as the children of God have a major role in our own pursuit of holiness. Jerry Bridges shows you as plain as day from the Word of God that Christ saves people from not only the penalty of sin (hell) but also from the power of sin. So many Christians sit in the church pew thinking how wonderful it will be to go to Heaven, yet their daily life is full of bondage to things that Christ has given them the power to overcome. The Christian life is not just victory over hell through Christ, but also over the sinful habits, addictions, and attitudes that we were enslaved to us sinners. Let Jerry Bridges turn your attention to what God's Word already states plainly. We have God's mercy to forgive us of sin, but we also have God's grace to empower us to live like Jesus did.
0Comment| 54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 5, 2017
An amazing read. A must for anyone who thirsts to know more about God's holiness and His desire for our holiness. Also, would be great for a nonbeliever to have some questions answered about Christians and their walk.
on April 8, 2017
My second time to own this book. Gave the first one away after reading it. I loved it the first read and will keep this copy permanently in library. I think every Christian should read this book.
on November 18, 2011
God had been talking to me about holiness, so when I saw this book, I figured it would be a fairly quick and easy read. With my Nook in hand, a notebook and pen, I began reading this book which I thought would give me a 1-2-3 step into holiness. Big mistake. After more than a month, I am still on page 40. It has me reading, meditating, rereading, meditating some more, and re-reading the same chapter over and over. Sometimes, I can only take a page or two at a time. I usually read it at night before bed, so that the Lord can speak to me throughout the night about the changes He wants to make.

This book is not for the surface or timid Christian. It makes you think about the motives hidden deep in your heart. It shines lights on the places where we "shave the edges" for our own purposes. It exposes the deceit of our hearts. Once thoroughly shamed, it takes us to the foot of the cross and bathes us in the Blood of our Savior Christ till we are cleansed and forgiven.

As nice as the readers are, I suggest you buy the book so you can hi-lite. I finally bought the study guide which I love. This set will not be one that I will lend out; I will be re-reading it on an annual basis for my once-a-year spiritual checkup (that is if I ever get through it).
on January 15, 2018
A book to sharpen the life where it is so easy to get off track. The author breaks Holiness down where I can understand and walk with God more closely and know that the Word is necessary for the obedience that I want to have in my relationships both with God, my family and friends. A must read over and over again.
on January 3, 2018
Learned a lot from the book, just with the study guide would have been after each chapter instead of at the end.