Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning LastTycoon LastTycoon LastTycoon  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 234 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 262 reviews
on April 6, 2014
I've gone through five of this book over the years, they've become so dog-earred and worn, I couldn't red them any more. They are my daily reading ritual. Nothing too heavy and not religious. Just one page each day with a two or three line quote from someone of note. Yesterday, April 2, was Golda Meir. Then a short paragraph about one positive thought for each day. I'm not one who usually goes for these things but this is one I live by and the ones I've given as gifts have meant the world to the ones who received them. Really, GO GET ONE! There are several covers but the book remains the same.
on December 8, 2016
Hey there! I stumbled upon this book at a secondhand store the first time I owned it . An I found so much inspiration from it that it was really astounding because it's hard to find books like that nowadays . That aren't preachy and know-it-all and telling you how to run your life . Yeah it's book for people who use and abuse and that wasn't me, not to say that I haven't had my share of rough edges in my life but I wasn't there anymore, but I just loved the way it made you feel good in your life every day . But then somebody in my life that was very, very close to me was having a really hard time, so I gave them my copy because they had read some of it and it made them feel good, like they could deal with quitting and finally stop abusing. Then I found I was really missing my book . I was overjoyed to find it here on Amazon because it's a fantastic book! It really makes you feel good as a woman . And you just find the best stuff there in that book . There's just a lot of great things in there that make you feel great and make you feel good and really make you think . I think that it's something that every woman should own personally, it's just really a great book it's not a God thing, it's not drinking thing it's not drug thing it's more of a little bit of everything in it for everybody let's put it that way. I know it's from Hazelden so yeah it's got stuff in it like that, but still it's more of a life affirming thing . So I just really I recommend it to anybody and everybody. I love the book and I would buy it every time I give it out to somebody. and I would always share it because it's a great book . And I would buy it again and again and again . Thanks
on March 15, 2016
I am very familiar with Hazelden. Excellent stuff! If you are not yet familiar, invest a few dollars. You will not regret it. They are "the cream of the crop" in their particular area of literature. I read the book Twenty-Four Hours a Day every morning.
I purchased this item as a gift for my wife. I think I do a good job with gifts for her, but she never uses any of them. However, she says she loves this book and reads it daily. I highly recommend it for the woman in your life. I'm not getting anything for free or being paid to say this. Scout's honor. It's a great little book.
on November 24, 2016
This isn't exclusive to women. It's important for men to know this perspective -- very important in my opinion. The ladies have thought patterns a bit different from men. Seeing and reading how things are viewed through different eyes has been great.
on February 5, 2014
Personally, there is no better way to start my next 24 hours than reading a great meditation and Karen Casey fits the bill perfectly! You don't have to be in recovery to enjoy this and be able to restore your faith, self-esteem and self-worth. I've also found journaling along with it very helpful! I'll look over my days entry in the evening and I can reflect on what I thought was going to be a fearful, scary day and see how I've put the suggestions and tools to work. And, most importantly, I realize that the fearful, scary day wasn't so bad after all. This reinforces everything I've learned about keeping it "in the day"...because that's all we have - today.
on October 9, 2010
I purchased this book after giving away my first copy. It is a wonderful daily devotional with spirituality based on the recovering alcoholic 12 step program. I am a christian but this can speak from many spiritual points of view. I love the daily readings, one page each in length but loaded with wisdom, encouragement in facing daily life challenges with relationships, other struggles and self worth. It's gets me out of myself and teaches me how to regard people who enter my life moment to moment. Life is not all about me or my struggles which is a recurrent theme. At the same time the daily readings teach, encourage and instruct the reader how to live in a world of relationships and how to learn and grow to be the person you want to be. I highly recommend this book. I believe it is published or endorsed by the Hazelden treatment centers for recovering alcoholics. I am not an alcoholic but love this book and would recommend it for women in general.
on September 28, 2016
This book is a daily meditation based on the 12 steps recovery for women who struggle and seek support and spiritual growth. It is not just for recovery from alcohol, it is for any addiction. Made especially for women. Love, love this book.
on June 22, 2013
I have this book of daily meditations in the soft cover version and really like the content. However, I got the Kindle version so that on the days I have to hit the floor running, I can still have a quiet meditation in my car or whatever later in the day right on my cell phone. In addition, I have book marked some of the more pertinent reflections applicable to my life to be read again and again when needed.
on April 5, 2017
Inspiration and good common sense. A beautiful book I have kept a copy of near for thirty-plus years. For women in addiction recovery, this is a true classic.
on December 6, 2016
This a "one day at a time" must read ! Got this book in 1986...it's dog/eared..and handled with care. It has lifted me up and taught me how to lift others. Gets me out of my "squirrel cage " thinking...Not religious, yet relates well with 12 step philosophy. Great opportunity for spiritual and personal growth.