Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now Ellen

Format: Loose Leaf|Change

Showing 1-10 of 47 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 67 reviews
on July 31, 2014
Wow! I absolutely wish I knew about this book last semester when I was taking Biology II. This semester I'm taking Biology I and know for fact I will make an A+ in lab. Last year I took pictures of all specimens/models and labeled them on my computer. Now there is no need the book is even more detailed than I could ever have imagined.
on December 16, 2016
A must have for any biology major. Any lab slides you'd possibly need are in this book. Also great for people who are just curious about nature and want guides to take on camping trips, hikes, etc.
on March 3, 2015
A good text and good reference book cheaper than the college bookstore.
on March 15, 2016
Definitely used, the back cover was detached upon revival but all it needs is a simple bind. I was allowed to attend lab so it got the job done just fine. Also the description warns of wear and tear so it isn't like I was deceived.
on August 15, 2016
Wish it came binded, little difficult to take care of without the spine. I used a binder to keep it together, but it pretty much destroyed a few pages.
on May 16, 2013
Book provides a helpful reference tool in identifying organisms, plants, and fungi. It helped me a lot when it came time for finals since much of it was based on identifying animal/plant structures and its phylum.
on January 29, 2017
Excellent just what the doctor ordered. I was one grade above the rest.
on March 13, 2011
I am in 2nd semester freshman majors biology lab and our professor basically said that if we wanted an A we needed this book. He was right! It's amazing. The pictures and details blow me away... it's like having the specimen right there in front of you! It makes studying for the tests not necessarily EASY, but definitely easier! Also, I got the loose-leaf copy instead of the bound and it was probably half the price. I just put it in the binder I already had for biology.
on January 18, 2013
Came as expected in shrink wrap with cardboard backing, and was of good quality. Accidentally got some of the pages damp, but after drying, the images were still clear. Turns out that the 3rd edition had the same photos, but on different pages, so if you're thinking of getting this for Bio lab, check to see if you can use the 3rd edition (cheaper).
on April 3, 2014
If you're studying biology, this is the best lab guide you can find. The pictures are fantastic, and the text well written. It is far and away better than anything I've run across.