Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 16 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 18 reviews
on March 16, 2014
It's a nice book and everything, but it's intended for college freshmen learning to live away from home for the very first time. It's basic "Freshmen 101". So, sure, get it for your high school senior to read over the summer before leaving home. It's got chapters on how to eat right and drinking responsibly, sex ed, stress, and the basic health information that a college freshman needs. It comes with a silly little workbook. The only real issue with the book is that I am NOT the target demographic and it was required for an upper level college course. Not the book's fault.
on February 12, 2014
Purchased for a health class. Book has a lot of good information, but the flow of reading is interrupted by tons and TONS of statistics and it's hard to get through an entire chapter without becoming bored and exhausted. I would discourage teachers from using this book. I normally enjoy reading, but coming across numbers and figures in every other sentence becomes quite demanding.
on September 22, 2014
Has the normal wear and tear on the outside from not being a paper back. Unless you want a perfect book and want to buy brand new, this book is in great condition. I got the book fairly quickly, I believe it took over a week. No highlighting or marks inside.
on December 6, 2014
This book, which was required for a class I took, is so mind boglingly stupid that I cant help but wonder if my teacher chose to use this text in class in an attempt to teach via reverse psychology. F F$%@ing minus to the authors.
on December 16, 2016
Nice
on October 1, 2013
Bought this used for very cheap. Was is great condition and arrived quickly. Text books are so expensive so it is nice to be able to buy some on Amazon for a fraction of the price.
on July 20, 2015
Boook was in good condition and served its purpose.
on May 3, 2013
I purchased this book for my daughter's college class this past spring. It was in excellent condition and substantially less expensive than the college bookstore. Very happy with it.
on October 20, 2013
It's perfectly fine as a school book. Not exactly something I would read in my spare time for leisure.
Hence the average rating.
on October 16, 2013
This was delivered quickly. It is a school book for my son at college. Not much more I can say about it. Thank you.