Your Garage Beauty LyingGame STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning LastTycoon LastTycoon LastTycoon  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 572 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 697 reviews
on September 3, 2012
The Kindle Fire version of this textbook is generally easy to use and I am mostly happy with it. It is so much handier to have an EBook version than lugging around a bulky print book that it makes up for the few faults I have encountered. I wish it came with standard Kindle functionality but this is not the case. I have vision problems so the ability to re-size the font would be nice. You can expand/contract the image size with finger pinching movements but have to do so on each page, and having to scroll around the expanded page in order to see all of the text gets a bit old. On the plus side, you can make notes and bookmarks, and the text is searchable. I expect that if Amazon could have included Kindle functions, they would have.

I have one complaint that Amazon CAN address. The product description does not make it clear that a WileyPlus access code is NOT included in the price. If you are taking an on-line class this code will have to be purchased separately. For price shoppers out there, this is critical information and should be included in the description. This is true of any text book which would normally have an access code, not just this particular book.
33 comments| 59 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 29, 2015
Man, how I initially hated this course. However, the textbook is very clear and offers good examples. I also recommend signing up for the online component (as our instructor required) because the additional practice and reference materials are actually helpful. If you're need a textbook to teach yourself accounting or to teach others, I think you do a self-guided course with this book.

Downside, it's freaking huge and quite heavy. Not bookbag friendly. There are versions that are sold as binder sheets so you could just take the evening's assigned chapters to class.
on November 27, 2015
I used this book for 2 accounting classes and as a reference for 2 others. It's well laid out, though wordy at times, and provides clear examples to follow, though I think it helps to have some accounting background (like a basic college accounting class) to get the most out of it. In fact, I like this textbook so much I finally just bought a used copy. Since I don't perform all the duties of an accountant every day, I use this a reference and resource book. I highly recommend this book for anyone who needs to a reference or a refresher for accounting practices (even my accounting professor keeps an extra copy in her business office for that purpose).
on June 5, 2013
Managerial Accounting for Managers by Noreen, Brewer and Garrison is a completely engaging text book. This book takes you on a journey through Managerial Accounting (which is substantially different from financial accounting). Noreen has crafted a book which shines from the ranks of other dusty texts.

One would have a difficult time reviewing this text without the mind being drawn to other books on the same subject. By comparison, Managerial Accounting for Managers is a wholly interesting story which conveys its meaning by involving the reader. Other text books are simply left behind in a heap of dry and dusty factoids. While previous texts on the same subject have presented the facts of Managerial Accounting, Noreen, Brewer and Garrison have woven this same topical information into an exciting narrative.

I could go on and on at whatever length desired about the positive aspects of this book. You will enjoy it immensely as it provides not only teaching, not only entertainment, but a transporting experience to a higher plane.
on November 27, 2013
If you're looking at this as a student, you probably have no choice. You have to buy this book or something very similar to pass your class. If you will have problem sets from the book, you have to have the latest edition because those problems change enough that they are able to force you to buy the latest edition.

If you are a developer of a curriculum for accounting, this is a passable book. As was the prior edition, a passable book. Do the right thing for your students who might be paying as much for books now as they are for tuition -- use the earliest edition possible. How many FASB changes have there really been that are applicable in the intro classes.

If you are a teacher with no choice in the assigned books, this is as fine a book as others, so don't you worry, You can get away with using your notes from other author's books.
44 comments| One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 22, 2012
I am using this book as part of my Master's Program. I am not an accountant nor do I have any background in the subject. This book makes it so I don't need to. It is well written and is easy to follow an understand. Each chapter is laid out with the learning objectives and there are real world examples of how the subjects play out in the real world. At the end of each chapter are a series of questions and exercises that reinforce the material presented in the chapter. I took advantage and signed up for the McGraw Hill Connect Account. This account provides even more information and sample quizzes and tests for each chapter.

I normally don't get excited about textbooks but this one has definitely been a big plus for me while I am going back to school. Wish all textbooks were as good as this one.
VINE VOICEon February 24, 2013
I usually find textbooks to be a bit confusing in the organization and layout, but found this textbook to be quite the opposite. It was extremely easy to read and with plenty of excellent examples. I have to say I was dreading this class as my impression was that the topic was going to be pretty dry and boring, but since the textbook was so easy to read, I found I really enjoyed the course. The exercises at the end of each chapter start really, really easy, giving you a chance to apply the basics of what was covered in the chapter. From there, they get a little more complex with the problems and case studies enabling you to think more deeply about the relationships of the transactions by having you solve for many different variables.

I did connect to the online portion and there are helpful quizzes and other problems, including some Excel spreadsheets for some of the exercises at the end of each chapter. My instructor did not have a full a subscription, so some of the material wasn't available, but what I could access was very helpful, especially in preparation for the mid-term and final.
on March 21, 2017
Great book! I am still in my managerial accounting class and find this book easy to guide students in understanding how important managerial accounting is in business. The supplemental guide WyleyPlus is highly recommended and compliments this book well! Will help students, who are not accounting experts, the guidance needed in understanding the course you are taking. Equations are easy to follow and there are tons of problems and examples to help a student through the chapters.
on December 1, 2009
Once again, book was received in excellent condition so I commend the seller. The price was also fair so I have nothing to complain about there and finally the book was delivered in less than a week. Good job from the seller.

I will preface my review of the book itself by saying that I am extremely averse to all things accounting and I did not receive a CD with the book (which may have answers to some of my concerns).

That being said, this book does a better job (than other accounting books I have used) at laying out a systematic study roadmap which allows even the most reticent students as myself, to grasp the major concepts and follow the general thought process of the writers.
This may sound elementary however, I think it is worth mentioning that for managerial accounting novices, the illustrations are priceless. These pictures truly speak a 1000 words and help you grasp what you are reading, Things you should know/review or check your understanding/study objectives/etc... really help drive the points home.
One thing I am not thrilled about is the authors inability to translate managerial accounting and general accounting jargon into plain English for the non-accounting crowd. I find that the definition and/or explanation of certain key concepts could be reduced to fewer simpler words and yet have the same effect. The answers to problems could also use some examples.
The good news is that the mathematical examples that are tied to these concepts are often continuous (meaning, you see the same company being used in a continuous series of examples so you build upon your understanding and can literally visually track backwards if/when you get lost.)
on August 30, 2016
I took one accounting course in college (in 1970) and enjoyed it and never got back to it. So I bought this book and although I admit I couldn't read every word I just loved it. It's really a reference book, I suppose. I can't see how anyone could know all the stuff that here but maybe so. So if you want to learn accounting or just want it for reference I'd heartily recommend it.