Industrial Deals Rebound Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Made for you. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts SpringEvent_Lawn_and_Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

Calculus II For Dummies
Format: Paperback|Change

on November 20, 2016
My impression is that it's more of a Calculus for Dummies Continued. And it works very well as that. Get both. There are definitely some mistakes, and they're confusing if you're not confident about the material. The first example on page 58 and the third row of Table 4-1 should be equivalent, for example, but P. 58 is incorrect. I love Wiley books in general and the simplified explanations in this particular book. The only trouble is that the humorous titles shadow the content making it difficult to use the book as a reference.
on November 8, 2010
Now I haven't read much of this book yet so I cannot comment at this time on whether there are errors in it or not, but so far it looks good. At first glance the table of contents looks like the book is going to cover much of the same info that Calc 1 for dummies covered...BUT this is NOT the case i promise you. The book starts right off in Calc 2 and where Calc 1 for dummies left off. It covers all the topics from a college level Calc 2 course and it covers much of the material from Calc 3 and the last chapter is only about Differential Equations which is after Calc 3. This book for example covers 3D graphing, Multivariable calculus, Arc-Lengths, Areas, Parametric Equations, Complex Series & Sequences, etc. THIS IS MOST LIKELY WHY THERE IS NO CALC 3 FOR DUMMIES, it's mostly covered in this book. You need Calc 1 knowledge though to understand this book well. Great book should have at least 4 STARS.
on January 6, 2014
Albert Einstein is credited with saying, “If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.” The authors of the "for dummies" series understand it. Without exception, I have very much appreciated and benefited from simple and clear explanations of what each method is. Math is by far the most poorly taught subject, this series is a notable exception.
on September 12, 2017
As with all of the "for Dummies" books I have purchased (eleven of them), this explains it all better than my text book -- for a fraction of the price. I wish professors used this as a text. Most are just too lazy to create their own problem sets.
on January 19, 2017
Very good simplified instructions for idiots like me :D
on May 7, 2017
After having a 4 year break after high school, this book was a great resource to get me back up to speed when I entered University. It saved me having to ask embarisingly basic questions of other students who had come straight from highschool and had this information still fresh in the head. It even got me past the fundamentals and was great in helping me understand more complex calculus.
on February 15, 2018
Bought this for a friend's daughter that has never struggled in school but, was having trouble with calc ll (12 students in the class and all of them struggling) Saw girls father a few days later he said she told him "this book is my new best friend".
on November 7, 2016
Great item as described and fast service.
on April 12, 2018
Excellent!!!
on February 5, 2017
I tutor math and this is a wonderful reference for my students and a great way to review for myself.