AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now Start your Baby Registry Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Country Heat PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite

on July 29, 2013
I'm using this book for my intro to CS class, which is still in progress. I find this book well organized, informative, fun, high quality and interesting. I would absolutely recommend it.

One thing you should know about this book is that it is not an introduction to programming. It is an introduction to the topics of computer science and the main theme is centered around algorithims. You won't be learning anything too complicated here, but it will be a broad introduction that no programming book/class could compete with.
on October 19, 2014
Extremely illustrative with great colors. Very organized. It was for my first CompSci course, was easy to read. When read from start to finish, you really begin to understand how your knowledge is compounded form earlier chapters. The book starts at the 'low-level' of computing and progresses to the 'higher-levels' of computing. Simply said, low-level can be binary operations and such that the computer's internals take care of, and high-level refers to concepts that humans can think about and handle.
on May 16, 2015
A really good CS foundation book. I was not a fan of how some of the concepts in the book were covered but to each their own. Most people will be buying this as a class text so they won't have a choice but to use it. With that said, despite my opinion on the poor coverage of a few of the concepts, overall the book is very informative and engaging and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a good foundations book.
on August 7, 2013
As others have described this is not a programming book but it will teach you the fundamentals of CS. My prof did however supply a supplemental reading from this book that included a very basic teaching of C++. I would recommend anyone this book who needs it for class or to just get the concept as to what CS is all about.
on November 30, 2014
The authors approach the subject in a disciplined, orderly manner. Each chapter builds on the last one and the explanations are clear.
on April 25, 2013
I read this book knowing very little about computer science. This book did an excellent job of explaining complicated concepts to the layman, from the way a computer works in binary code, to high level programming, to the internet. Highly recommended for beginners
on September 6, 2016
Fabulous. What am I supposed to say about a textbook?
on October 8, 2013
I used this book for my CS208 at Regis University, this book builds a great introduction to Computer Science Topics. I would definitely recommended to anyone who wants to grasp a solid understanding of what Computer Science is about.
on February 12, 2016
I had the ebook. It brook stuff down and got me through the class. The authors take a lot of detours, though, which is fun if you're just reading along, but rough if you're studying on a deadline. I have the ebook through the Kindle reader for PC. Lags quite a bit when you try to scroll through pages fast.
on November 1, 2015