Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning LastTycoon LastTycoon LastTycoon  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 1-10 of 36 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 43 reviews
on July 3, 2013
My school uses Larson books all the way from elementary algebra, up through Calculus. This Trigonometry book isn't bad, but it does lack well structured explanations in many areas. There are a lot of topics that show an example of one type of problem, but they don't really show how to manipulate the same concept into a different scenario. Some of the trig identities like double angle formulas, sum-to-product, and product-to-sum formulas are barely explained. They give one basic example of how to use the formula, and they don't elaborate on how to use it in a more complicated problem.

One very strong point that this book has, along with the other Larson books, is a very wide variety of practice exercises. The end of chapter sections begin with simpler exercises, and progress up through the different concepts in a given section very logically. Each section of practice exercises has a good variety of word problems, many of which will apply all of the concepts you've learned in a given section, as well as forcing you to recall material from previous sections.

I also really like the "proofs in mathematics" sections at the end of each chapter, because they go more in depth about why a certain formula works. This books includes proofs of most of the common trig identities, which is very useful. I'm the type of person that understands an idea better when I can actually see WHY something works, and WHY we're doing it that way, rather than just having to rote memorize a certain formula. Seeing these proofs helps a lot with that.

I also bought the accompanying student solutions manual. I'm writing a separate review for that, but I'll touch on it briefly here as well. The student solutions manual is incredibly hit or miss. Some of the problems are worked out completely, and other problems basically just show the original problem statement, followed by one intermediate step, then the final answer. Really? It might help to see a few of the steps in between, and see an explanation as to how we got from point A to point B.

Overall, this is a solid Trig book, but I don't think I'd recommend it for self studying.
on November 7, 2015
Recently acquired two of Ron Larson's books, Trigonometry and College Algebra. Impressive. I highly recommend both books for any student currently taking one or both courses and, especially, for anyone planning to study calculus. Not only are these text books great as a course book, but they are also invaluable as reference texts for higher math courses. Additionally, anyone doing home schooling or tutoring will find both books excellent texts for both the instructor and student.
on July 24, 2016
Excellent, well written trig. text book, this trig. book will help me
greatly for my upcoming trig. class.
on August 23, 2014
Rented this book for my summer trig class, got here in 2 days, perfect condition.
paid only 10% the price of the book at the time.

Got a 97% on my trig class, sweet deal.

Good book with good examples, awesome addition to the lectures and very easy to understand examples.
on June 21, 2015
Good trig book. Bought it because I coach high school math and I had a student in a class using this book. It's a different edition than he had, but served the purpose just fine.
on June 30, 2015
great book to learn out of. I had a horrible teacher so I had to teach myself everything by using the book and youtube videos.
on August 13, 2012
This book should have been set in a larger print type. It is loaded with solid information. Also, the solutions should be available for not just odd-numbered problems but for ALL problems given in this Trigonometry book.

I do recommend this book for all students of trigonometry and geometry. The Explanations are easy to comprehend and appears to be very concise.
on January 12, 2014
This book I would recommend for teachers and students to better grasp Trigonometry. This text offers many visual examples and practice problems.
on June 1, 2014
I have used other texts and I find Ron Larson's to be among some of the worst. Lots of material is skipped over or is implied. This makes relatively easy subject matter more difficult to follow. The Blitzer texts are far more complete.
on March 2, 2016
Im so glad I found this book on amz, it ran out of this book at my school library and I couldnt find it anywhere else and I had a test a week later. thanks for saving my life.
Great price.