Beauty Kindle 10th Anniversary Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition $99.99. Limited-time offer. Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

Fables: The Deluxe Edition Book Four
Format: Hardcover|Change

on August 13, 2015
These books are among some of my favorite things I own in my whole house. If my house burned down and my cat was safe, I'd probably grab these books if I could! That's probably untrue, but my point is I love them! I've always connected with fairy tales and stories, and it's the one thing I remember about my childhood being totally invested in. These books spoke to me since I heard about them and every moment when I'm reading them I just feel at home. Even during the scenes that aren't totally compelling, I feel like I'm the most comfortable I could possible be when I have one of these cracked open. I'm reading them at such a slow pace it's laughable, but I'm trying to make this feeling last, since you just can't experience something for the first time a second time! If you have any interest in those fairy tales you grew up with, I recommend you give them a chance!
on September 26, 2013
This is an absurdly creative graphic novel equal in calibre to the works of Alan Moore and Neil Gaiman. The oversize deluxe edition with gorgeous dust cover is a fabulous way of reading this sweeping epic of fable fantasy for mature audiences, especially if you are a first time reader like me. When you consider the price of comics these days, this is a high value way of collecting this series since each edition has close to 10 comics and can be found on Amazon at about 40% of MSRP (or around $16 each + shipping). The comics are printed on high quality paper and the print quality is superb. The binding is glued which is not a problem given the size of the publication; it is of course problematic for the larger DC omnibus or absolute editions. Sometimes the comic is printed a little too close to the binding making it difficult to read, but these occurrences are rare. This a much high value product than the DC archives series which retails for $49.95 or higher. My only real complaint is the use of multiple artists on the same fable character across this epic. This normally would not be a problem if the artwork were equal across artists and if there was little variation in how the characters are portrayed. Some artwork is brilliant and some downright crude. Finally some of the stories are trite and should have been omitted. But overall we can ignore these disappointments. I definitely will collect the entire series.
on January 5, 2015
After completing the game "A Wolf Among Us", I decided to give this series a try. I couldn't be more pleased with what I found. A great collection of classic literary references mixed in with a fresh perspective on compelling characters taken right from the pages of the ages best fairy tales and folklore. A delight for anyone who's a fan of creativity and mystery.
review image
on July 16, 2015
Super imaginative and a fun alternative to the standard super hero fare. Willingham has succesfully added depth, history and intrigue to timeless characters and it is quite fun to see what direction he takes characters like the Big Bad Wolf, Snow White, Beauty and the Beast, etc. The artwork is about as good as it gets for a comic that is not affiliated with the Big 2 (Marvel and DC). Mark Buckingham becomes the lead penciller for most of the series with other artists filling in on various issues. His best work is not in this first volume, but seems to hit a better, more consistent style in later volumes.
In summary, you have a fun story with recognizable characters, decent artwork and a great collection for a great price (I think 9-10 issues).
on December 30, 2014
I bought the first three hardcover deluxe additions books of the series as a gift for my son. I did not read them, but I like the premise of the story.

the book binding is tight and the pages are semi-glossy with nice artwork.

The book was well-packaged and wrapped in non-stick cellophane so the paper cover would remain undamaged.

Fables is a series of graphic novels about characters from fairy tales who are kicked out of fairy-tale land and have to tough it out in the here and now of our world. I have heard that the deluxe books are created when 10 books of the original DC Comics are finished. Right now there are nine books in total.

We ordered the first three Fables Deluxe Edition books as a gift for our son. He has had the books a little over a week and has already purchased books 4-6 in the Deluxe Edition series
on December 30, 2014

the book binding is tight and the pages are semi-glossy with nice artwork.

on March 22, 2017
Continues on the with story of Fables, adds some more history and some darker notes (darker than there already were, which is impressive). Would highly recommend if you've read this far into the Fables series.
on November 25, 2015
Friends of my daughter (who I bought these for) have LITERALLY, put their names on an ordered list to borrow 'em from her, after she's done with each volume. I hope they are made well (they looked to be) as that'll be 7 teens to have read 'em before I might be able to sell 'em so, I can get my kido they next bunch of volumes. I may have to start charging, LOL. I guess these are THE THING to read so... I'd advise to get 'em while you can if you're thinking about it 'cause I literally bought the last and only ones of both Vol. 1 & 2 (at the time)...granted I am buying the Deluxe HB Editions but, I gotta good kid so, she deserves nice things! :)