Your Garage World Book Day STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Limited time offer Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts spring Book House Cleaning Bosch Bosch Bosch  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Format: Paperback|Change
Price:$5.98+ Free shipping

Showing 1-10 of 11 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 103 reviews
on August 11, 2016
I was surprised by how much I didn't like this book. I have read and really enjoyed other titles by Erin Healy before and purchased House of Mercy fully expecting the same. It was not to be. For the majority of the book I just really didn't understand what was happening to the main character Beth, a self-reliant young woman with something of a savior complex. Too many of the supporting characters were unlikable creating more tension than was enjoyable, and that tension lingered until the very end, and even then, I was left feeling like important questions were left unanswered. The redemption of the unpleasant characters came late, and in some cases too suddenly to make any sense. Ordinarily, when I finish a book, I feel a certain sadness at having to say goodbye to the characters I have spent so many hours with, but I was just surprised that the book was over and wondered if there was a sequel I needed to purchase to see the full resolution. There is not. I suspect that this lack of resolution was an attempt to imitate the uncertainties of life, recognizing that all of our problems do not get tied up with a neat little bow. Beth, the heroine, also experienced growth and transformation through the story. I acknowledge that this was an important component of the story. I did not however rejoice with her because I was too distracted by the open end.
on September 2, 2015
Twenty-two year-old, Beth Borzoi endures a lawsuit, a death, and a divided family. The Blazing B, or the Borzoi ranch, has been around for many years, but it is now in danger. Beth travels through the mountains on a horse to find her grandpa who she never met. She follows a wolf that may or may not be real.
Readers will sympathize with Beth as she learns about mercy and faces all the trials coming her way. They will hate and sympathize with the antagonist. This character is emotionally impactful. Would you do anything to gain the love, attention, and approval of those around you?
Erin details such a clear picture with her words that the settings of her books can actually be seen in the mind.
If you enjoyed the supernatural twist with Christian fiction in this book, you will certainly enjoy my Christian Supernatural Romance trilogy: Immortal Memory. It can be purchased at: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_20?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=immortal+memory+sylvia+frances&sprefix=immortal+memory+sylv%2Caps%2C331
on June 17, 2014
This is a great book of intrigue as well as love, mercy and forgiveness! What amazing story - it is believable because we all have baggage from our past and we all need the support of those we love - great book!
on June 16, 2016
Normally not an avid reader of Western-influenced literature, I was pleasantly surprised by this offering from Miss Healy. She has this chameleonic ability to readily adapt to whatever setting influences her thinking and maximizing each book according to its respective plot. I'm currently reading Afloat, and she never ceases to impress.
on November 6, 2012
I definitely did not enjoy this book as much as Erin Healy's other works. Many of the characters seemed undeveloped, which made it hard me to really care about what they did or said. The ending felt very forced and didn't fully wrap up the story. About half of the way through the book, I even contemplated not reading it any more (although I did eventually finish reading it). If you're looking for a book by Erin Healy that's more exciting and keeps your attention, I'd suggest "The Promises She Keeps" or "Never Let You Go".
on July 10, 2013
Love this book.....not my absolute favorite of Healy's, but still excellent.....wonderful characters, amazingly unique plot, very enjoyable read all in all....would very much recommend.....
on September 17, 2012
I saw this book advertised on Crosswalk Devotionals. I thought it looked like it would be a good read. I read the first few pages on "take a look," and went ahead and bought it. After first few pages, I couldn't put it down. It had just enough romance, enough suspense, and the Christian values maintained throughout were wonderful. I'm looking to buy a few more of Erin Healy's books.
on April 3, 2013
Just a little too far "out there". Stay away from those hallucinogenic plants. The wolf facet of this story is extremely slighted to the preservation of the animals with out regard for the damage they produce.
on March 12, 2014
I have yet to read an Erin Healy book that I don't like! SHE is a terrific storyteller! Her works are all brilliant.
on October 21, 2014
One of my favorite Healy books. Very intriguing and great characters.