Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 92 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 105 reviews
on September 5, 2013
OK granted that I am "old school" and had to teach myself math (in chemistry). Seriously, this is the only way to do and learn med-calc in nursing school. Forget the ordered or have stuff or cross multiplication, learn stoichiometric math in one step this book helped me pass my med calculation tests, I only wish I had found it earlier...
on April 23, 2017
Easy to understand and step-by-step instructions. I recommend this text to everyone needing to learn dimensional analysis!
on September 26, 2014
I don't usually review text books, but to my surprise I really liked this text. It explains its lessons in ways that are easily understood and provides a lot of sample problems that really help the reader practice and get good at the material. It also had me chuckling a few times! I would recommend this book if you're learning dimensional analysis!
on October 19, 2015
I suck at math, but the explanations and examples are so clear, and there are pictures of actual syringes used in practice and common labels you would see at the hospital/clinicals. There are plenty of examples questions and answers provided as well.
on December 9, 2014
I'm a student nurse, and have to take a medication calculation exam every semester. A passing grade is 100%, because you can't have an error in meds! This is a really wonderful book for learning all that you need to know. Material is beautifully laid out & explained thoroughly, and the practice exams mimic real practice.
on December 8, 2015
Ok if you have trouble with math like I do then this book is perfection! I have gone through the book 3 times in the past year of nursing school. Thank God for it! It gives a step by step guide, that builds knowledge from ground up! Highly recommend!
on September 25, 2016
Great information inside. Even if you already know how to do the math, it has useful tips and information, albeit it is information you can find on the internet.
on June 13, 2011
I received the correct edition of this book with absolutely no errors so I really have no complaints. I do know, however, that for some reason early printings of this edition do have some math errors and typos. I guess it's just pure luck which one you get but I'm very happy with mine. Sure, it is basic math, but it teaches you some different formulas for specifically calculating dosages and conversions.
on June 8, 2017
good stuff.
on May 29, 2009
I bought this for my Drug Calculations class that starts on June 1st. I decided I would take a look at it early beacuse I am not super strong in math and since I am going to Nursing school in September it's very importnant! I started to read it and started doing the exercises, it's very easy to read & understand. The CD that accompany's it is great, I only wish you can restart each individual problem instead of having to start the chapter exercise over again. I am now on Chapter 7 in about two weeks and haven't even started class! Excellent book!