Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 316 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 417 reviews
on July 25, 2013
I received this book two days ago, and am about half way through. I had NO experience with pivot tables this book has been a life saver. This book has taught me not only how to do pivot tables with excel hands on examples (that you download at Mr. Excel website) but has also taught me how to think critically, why is this important to do, or why does this need to go here and not there. This hands on and theory approach is the best way of learning new concepts. I truly believe that a 10 year old could learn how to do pivot tables with this book it is that well written. The examples are great with data cleaning all the way to VBA programing. This book I would recommend without doubt if you are in need or want to learn pivot tables. I feel confident that in less than 2 days that I will put it on a resume as a technical skill. Best $30 I have ever spent and I would consider this a great investment for your life!
on October 14, 2013
This is a really thorough description and analysis of Excel pivot tables and charts, and the use of them to analyze data. Well written with plenty of practical examples of their use.

Just browsing it will equip you with a broader knowledge of the wide applicability of this powerful tool. You can often eliminate dozens of lines of VBA code with their use.

I learned a great deal from just the first few days of quick reads of this book. Highly recommended.
on September 29, 2009
I am well experienced in Microsoft Office Applications, specifically Office 2003. I purchased MS Office 2007 to learn new techniques of this application. For Microsoft Excel 2007, I purchased subject textbook from Course Technology. In my opinion the instructions and depth of information are rather average. Explanation of Excel 2007 features are scattered across several pages. Also,key toolbars, dialog boxes, views, tabs, etc, are not deeply explained at the beginning of the textbook, i.e., Unit A. Authors assume the reader is well versed in Excel. Good luck to a new comer who wants to start learning Excel.
I believe that once I achieve a complete knowledge on Excel 2007 with this book and other good references I should be able to comprehend the intrincacies of this application. At that time I will be back to this textbook, mainly first few Units, and perhaps re-assess my opinion.
JosephJL
on December 22, 2013
I used this in conjunction for a course on Microsoft Office 7. It was great. I still use 7 and this is a great reference. The lower rating is because it is just dated now. It is still useful for me, but once I make the switch to 10 or 365 I will likely need the newer versions due to the changes. If you are an office worker making the switch to 7 this is a great reference due to the many changes between older versions of Office and 7. It does have some relevancy to 10 and 365, but like any technical manual as the editions of the product change, the manual's use gets limited.
on June 15, 2016
For a textbook, this one was fantastic. Not only was it extremely informative (like every textbook should be), but the information was laid out in a way that was easy and enjoyable to comprehend. I kept this book around for a long time for all my Microsoft office needs until I found a great resource online.
on February 9, 2011
I ordered this book for my introductory computer course and it has not disappointed. If you're looking for a very detailed book to guide you through the ins and outs of Microsoft Office 2007, this is your book. I highly recommend it. Although I am advanced enough with computers to not necessarily need to read everything in this book (I only took this course for degree credit, not because I personally needed it), it is a great reference for me, even though I'm well-versed personally in Microsoft Office 2007 (and now in Microsoft Office 2010!). It has something for every level of student... and I have learned a lot of awesome shortcuts for MO 2007 thanks to this book. Well worth the money!
on December 11, 2013
This book was just what I was looking for to increase my knowledge of Excel. Excel is not an easy and I have use several books to help me on this journey. I like the way it is broken down in smaller steps and the additional lessons are there to help you. I received this book in the morning and am already in the third chapter. I have several books in Excel and this one is great for me. I will now be able to use my more advanced Excel textbooks more confidently.
on January 28, 2014
This book covers MS Office from A to Z. It helped to get me through some of the new features in Office - like the "ribbons". My husband had never used Office before and was breezing through the programs after following this book from cover to cover. I recommend this for anyone wanting to learn Office 2007 or wanting to learn about the new features. I'm a certified expert in the previous versions and find this book very helpful.
on May 4, 2014
I am a long term Excel user, (after many years using Lotus 123 and visicalc before that). I realized I needed to fully understand what I could do with Pivot Tables and how to make full use of the their features. This was the perfect companion for me while I was taking on a new complex excel project. While I had a rudimentary understanding of Pivots, this provided me with the extra knowledge to take my skills to the next level. Excel continues to add new features that continue our need to stay current, this worked for me. I am not sure how this book would be for a novice or beginning excel user, but if you really need to understand the power of Pivot Tables -- it is great.
on September 22, 2016
Had to get this book for a college class but it did not teach me anything I did not already know. I would not buy it unless it is a required read.