Oil month Automotive Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now TG18PP_gno

VINE VOICEon April 9, 2007
Medical coding and billing continuously evolve in large part because insurance companies and providers have conflicting business goals. An effective biller must go beyond simple claim submission and discover the reasons for underpayments and denials, to solicit missing information from both providers and payers, and follow up on every claim until its full payment.

Rowell's and Green's Guide provides an ideal introductory didactic set of materials covering everything from history of health care reimbursement, major insurance companies, and federal health care legislation, to basic knowledge of national diagnosis and procedure coding rules, to complex topics, such as V-codes, and diagnosis code linking. The text is replete with examples and exercises, helping students understand and remember the needed materials.

Yuval Lirov, Medical Billing Networks and Processes - Profitable and Compliant Revenue Cycle Management in the Internet Age
on November 30, 2010
At first, I was delighted. Yes, this textbook had writing throughout the margins. Yes, a lot of the review questions were already answered right in the book, but I figured that it was cheap so what could I expect. But I think that if a bookstore buys back used textbooks, maybe having all the review questions answered inside the book isn't a book you should try to sell. The worst part, though, was discovering that whole chapters were actually missing from the book. I've calculated that close to 100 pages have actually been physically removed from the book, some back to the binding making them hard to see until you are reading/studying along and the next page you turn to makes absolutely no sense. Then you find out that a bunch of pages are missing and that you are now reading from the middle of the next chapter. I would not recommend this seller since the book looks OK from the outside, but has cost me more time than the price savings bought me.
on July 20, 2017
I am very pleased with this purchase. It was exactly as described and even had the disks.
on August 25, 2016
All editions of this book, in my opinion, is one of the best written, best researched, and concise works that illustrate the full spectrum of medical billing and insurance reimbursement. It is also user friendly and eye appealing for the student and teacher, when reading.
on December 12, 2012
This book was what was needed for my college classes in healthcare coding, the book was cheaper then my school offered and it was exactly the same. Great buy!
on July 30, 2015
I passed my class and did not pay retail.
on April 26, 2010
IM TAKING A BILLING COURSE AND THIS BOOK IS GREAT AS A STUDY GUIDE FOR THE CERTIFICATION EXAM AS A BILLER & CODER. IT HAS GREAT DETAIL IN ALL INSURANCES INCLUDING MEDICARE/MEDICAID. I THINK ALSO ITS A GREAT BOOK TO KEEP IN HAND AT THE OFFICE JUST IN CASE ANY QUESTIONS OR PROBLEMS DO OCCUR IN BILLING, THIS BOOK HAS THE ANSWER! I HAPPEN TO FIND IT VERY USEFUL NOW AND IN THE FUTURE AS WELL. **** KEEP IN MIND THIS IS FOR THE NEW STUDENT OR NEW BILLER*****
on January 2, 2018
Great book! Very knowledgeable
on July 16, 2012
I just wanted to point out that if you buy a used copy, like I did, you cannot use the Student Online Companion. It tells you that the code is already used.

Plus, I have to agree with earlier comment about information overload. Makes for painfully boring reading. Also I agree with the comment about now way of checking your answers. My instructor (nor school) posts these for use to compare. So it's pretty useless to do an exercise without knowing if you are right or wrong; and, it defeats the purpose of learning if you buy the instructor's manual to learn from.
on June 16, 2016
its ok but not for a beginner