Truck Reviews Beauty Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CMA Fest Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on October 2, 2016
The pictures and the diagrams are really nice in this textbook. The layout is also nice and easy to follow. There is a ton of information so pair it with the study guide and you'll be able to do great! I got the loose leaf version so it was easier for me to carry a few chapters around at a time rather than the whole thing.
on September 29, 2012
This is a decent intro bio book - fairly general, and I wouldn't want it as my only reference, but not bad. That isn't what I want to talk about though. I highly recommend skipping the hard copy of this book and getting the online access through PrepU instead. It's the first online e-book I've encountered that works the way it should. If you've had the misfortune of using an online text through OWL, you're familiar with the frustration - inability to use the scroll wheel, slow page loading times, and no real way to tailor the text to your needs. PrepU has none of these problems. You can scroll to your heart's content. Clicking on a figure or table opens it in a new window rather than yanking you to a different page. Each section of the chapter has its own page, rather than being divided arbitrarily by the page number in the hard copy (you can still search by page number though). It can also tell you what parts of a chapter you should reread based on how you score on a diagnostic quiz. In all, it has been so user-friendly and helpful that I haven't taken the cellophane off of my physical textbook, and I wouldn't be surprised if I get through the next year without doing so.
on July 16, 2010
WARNING: this is not the whole textbook! This textbook is sold both as one book and also as THREE volumes. No course requires only one volume, so be absolutely certain it won't be advantageous to simply buy the whole text as one book.

My apologies if the above is obvious to you. Somehow, it wasn't obvious to me and I ended up having to buy all three volumes separately.

This textbook was used for 7.013 (first semester biology) at MIT when I took it Spring '08. Therefore, you may have to purchase this or a similar text regardless of what I say. If you have a choice, however, I'd say try another text and tell me how that goes. This one is at best mediocre. I thought the author took too long to get to the point in each topic, which made it a laborious read. Because of this, I think the length of this text could be reduced by a quarter of its current length and still successfully cover the same topics.
7 people found this helpful
on July 7, 2017
This book is really great and full of examples that makes everything in the book so much easier. The phrases and sentences in the book were very catchy which made the text really interesting to read. Overall the quality and the delivery was good and I would really recommend buying this book from Amazon.
on May 26, 2016
It didn't meet my expectations because the cover of the book is wearing off. I have to tape the sides of the cover with duct tape to prevent it from tearing off. Although the interior is decent with no writing and highlighting, the quality of the hard bound is not the best as opposed to what buyers said on the their reviews!
review image
on December 26, 2017
Easy to read for school and comprehensive.
on February 13, 2018
Not happy I had to buy it for class, but it is a good book..
on December 30, 2016
I had to get this book for a college Bio class. I thought it was really good and am keeping it for future reference.
on July 12, 2017
This is the first time I rented a book but just wanted to make sure you had a picture of it before We used it so you know what the damages looked when we received it all 4 sides taped. I'm sure this is normal when you rent box
review image
on December 26, 2015
This textbook has taught me so much! But it is super heavy and has a good amount of mistakes in it, hopefully your professors point them out.